Rookie Mock Draft in Fantasy Pros (Early pick)

Here I did a rookie mock draft using the Fantasy Pros software. I did set it for my next league’s settings, with the following starting positions: QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE, 2-Flex, and a Superflex. The league also has a deep bench, and is PPR. I am only doing 4 rounds, since rookie drafts rarely offer much value beyond 4, and even the 4th round is dart throws. I am starting with the first pick in a linear draft for a 16 team league:

1. 1.01. RB Breece Hall (NYJ): The best RB in the class. His landing spot could be questionable if QB Zach Wilson doesn’t take a step up, but I suspect he will. Having a good RB like Hall will help.

2. 2.01.RB Zamir White (LV): This was the toughest pick of all. The only decent WR talent left is Jalen Tolbert and Romeo Doubs, as everyone from Drake London to George Pickens was snapped up in the 1st round. There were still some hidden gems in the RB’s, including Dameon Pierce, Brian Robinson, Zamir White, and Tyler Allgeier. Of all those guys, the only one who might be there in the 3rd round is Romeo Doubs, but I’m not optimistic. While Pierce is the most tempting, I have to go with White. With rumors of Josh Jacobs being spotlighted for a trade, that leaves White as the go-to RB in the Raiders high-powered offense, and White showed he can handle it.

3. 3.01. WR Romeo Doubs (GB): I was actually hoping to scarf QB Matt Corral here, but Doubs is a more-than acceptable alternative, as he has been heavily hyped during training camp by both the Packers coaching staff and normally tight-lipped about rookies Aaron Rodgers.

4. 4.01 TE Jeremy Ruckert (NYJ): Not crazy about coming out of this with two Jets, but Ruckert is a strong prospect at TE. I may have to sit on him for a few years, but the guy has the size and blocking ability to last awhile, and he really didn’t have a great chance to highlight his receiving skills in college, on an Ohio State team with Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave. But if you have to play craps, and TE’s are a crap shoot, the 4th round is the time to do it.

In my actual dynasty draft, I have 2 first round, 2 second round, and a fourth round pick. But what this taught me is I need to grab Matt Corral with one of my 2nd round picks. But I don’t have a third round pick, so at least I feel safe taking Corral earlier.

I also learned I need to expend one of my first round picks on a WR, because the best WR’s won’t last to the second round this year.

Generally speaking, anyone with a first pick in the draft in a rebuilding dynasty situation should have more than just those picks. Any aging players should be traded for picks wherever possible.

Just the top 5 I want to pick- Hall, London, Walker, Cook, Skyy

1 Like

Good luck getting the first 5 picks in any draft!

No, my shopping list if there.

Do me a favor, shorten my name to So Be or tell me how.

1 Like

I have no idea. Post that as a separate question for the admins.