Please help a newbie with a trade!

I’ll start by saying I don’t know anything about football. I joined a 10 person league at my work for fun and I’m 3-0 So I’ve been doing a lot of homework to try and stay on top. Since I started I got jrob, dameon Pierce, olave, lockett off waivers and there’s no one left on waivers worth grabbing. My coworker is 0-3 and has some guys on his roster that I’m interested in. I’ll post pics of my roster and his. So. His qb isn’t doing well and he has no backup, my backup is Lawrence and I’m willing to give him Lawrence cause Goff is on the waiver and hopefully I only need him week 7 (my week 7 matchup should be pretty easy). Can someone suggest a trade that would be mutually beneficial? I want a really good WR, and/or a good running back because mccaffrey is making me nervous every week. Cordarelle Patterson looks good. I just need help figuring out a trade to propose… something that would be mutually beneficial, and that he would probably say yes to. Give him Lawrence and who else for ? (Patterson, kirk, deebo, evans look good. I want 1 or 2 of them). I don’t mind trading mccaffrey… but I feel like his value will go up if he plays Sunday, right? Anyways I need help! Oh ya, .5 ppr. Thank you so much in advance!

1 Like

My roster

My roster

His roster

His roster

Why are you trading at all? You have a solid roster. You don’t really need anything. Don’t trade just to trade. Let somebody else propose a trade to you, and then be very picky with your trades. You have the leverage.

For someone who doesn’t know anything about football (your words), you drafted a pretty damn good team there. You made no mistakes in the early rounds of your draft, and selected high-upside players in the late rounds. Very well done!

CMC is a risky asset. And right now, he is lacking the reward (pass catches) to make up for his high injury risk due to the many carries on the ground.

Replacing him with Cordarrelle Patterson is risky as well, though. C-Pat is very old for an RB, and that will show sooner or later. His 2021 campaign also started strong, but lost a lot of steam along the way. I can see the same happening this year.

You have 2 good backups on your bench, Kareem Hunt and Dameon Pierce. So if CMC gets injured, your season won’t be over.

You can try offering him CMC and T-Law for Jonathan Taylor and Drake London. You would then get an upgrade on RB (even though Taylor isn’t as strong as in 2021 so far) and a promising WR, he would get an upgrade on QB. I don’t know if he’d accept it, though. His WR corps doesn’t look too good, so in his position, I’d not want to give up London, unless I got a better WR for him.

Your Chris Olave should get better along the season, he’s already trending up. And you have Gabe Davis on the bench, and even Lockett is still startable.

If you can swap CMC for Taylor without sacrificing too much, go for it. If not, rest easy, knowing that you have a strong and well-balanced roster, that should get you far this season.

1 Like