Landing Spot - Dalton Kincaid

The last skill position player I am covering will be TE Dalton Kincaid, who went to the Bills.

Watching his game film, he reminded me of some of the better NFL TE’s. His size is perfect, and his catch radius is massive. Contested catches are not a problem for him. But what stands out about him most is his ability to get wide open. That could have something to do with the defenses he was playing against (he did go to Utah).

Also, his run blocking is pretty darned good! I saw him pancake a few defenders.

On the negative side, he has had back problems in the past, although he seems to play through them. 40 years ago, John Riggins had the same issues and made a career of it.

But Buffalo as a landing spot has me concerned. Josh Allen rarely throws to his TE. However, Allen never had a great TE around. Kincaid looks like the kind of outlet TE that could keep Allen throwing rather than running. Also, I love the idea of Kincaid in the end zone.

All in all, a potentially sweet landing spot, if Allen and Kincaid can develop a chemistry.

2 Likes

If healthy Kinkaid is a top 10 fantasy TE.

1 Like

Reportedly, Allen never was Dawson Knox’ biggest fan. He sure gets an upgrade in Kincaid. Keep in mind that TEs usually start becoming good in year 3, so he has plenty of time to adjust his patterns accordingly.

Kincaid moved up on my personal target lists. I would have preferred to see him in Cinci, but Buffalo has potential, too.

2 Likes

I would draft him in our league with an 8 pick.

1 Like

Knox was the #10 and 14 TE in fantasy last two years and is no where near the receiver Kincaid is. Buff does not run so his blocking matters little. I see him as the best rookie TE option this year who could easily be a top ten this season.

1 Like

A rookie TE being top 10? That’s a stretch, but I do think he has long term potential, even top 5.

1 Like

Consider the TEs who are at #8 and below. Mayer could be there as well…

1 Like

Travis Kelce broke out in his 5th year.
Mark Andrews in his 4th.
George Kittle was rather early, breaking out in his 2nd year.

But TEs hardly ever break out in their rookie year. Kyle Pitts was an exception here, but his strong rookie year was followed by a very disappointing sophomore season.

TEs usually need 2 full years to adapt to the NFL. Some need longer.

Expecting a rookie year breakout from Kincaid and Mayer is way too optimistic, if you ask me. In dynasty, they are certainly worth stashing. In redraft, it will be safe to ignore them. Even if they lock in around the #10 TE range, keep in mind that, on the TE position, we’re already in streamer territory.

1 Like

Never mentioned a break out Point is if you do not have a top 6-7 TE these two rookies can likely score as many fantasy points as other options and you save a roster spot with future promise.

2 Likes