Lance a head-scratcher

Looking at Yates’ Dynasty Rookie Rankings for Superflex (Kyle Yates’ Dynasty Rookie Rankings: Superflex (2021 Fantasy Football) | FantasyPros), and his number 1 pick of Trey Lance is a bit of a head scratcher. Shanahan runs a balanced offense, and loves his RBBC’s. I can’t envision a Chiefs’ style offense tailored around the QB. I’m not saying “take Trevor Lawrence”, because Lawrence’s team comes with similar question marks (will Urban Meyer screw up Lawrence?), but I think the upside with Lawrence is closer to Lamar Jackson territory.

In my own case, sitting at the number 8 spot in my own dynasty draft, I am looking at who is available, if I was drafting against a league of Yates: Travis Etienne and Kyle Pitts. I need another RB (even in superflex, good RB’s are always at a premium, especially pass catchers in PPR), but Pitts is a clear upgrade over Gesicki and/or Jarwin (unless Jarwin has the breakout year everyone expected last year before he got hurt, a big if). A lovely problem to have…