Had draft, wondering how my team looks?

The league is a 12-Team Half PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 DST, 1 K, 5 Bench, 1 Keeper. I had the eighth pick, here is the order of my picks (My Keeper was Ezekiel Elliott)

2.8: Antonio Gibson
3.5: Joe Mixon
4.8: CeeDee Lamb
5.5: Diontae Johnson
6.8: Trey Sermon
7.5: Kyle Pitts
8.8: Corey Davis
9.5: Tom Brady
10.8: Trey Lance
11.5: Laviska Shenault
12.8: Jakobi Meyers
13.5: Greg Zurelein
14.8: Buffalo Bills DST

Just wondering if there is somethings I should have done differently, or if I got good value for a lot of players or should look at trading for certain other players?

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m not as high on Gibson as some, but with Mixon falling to the 3rd, you still have two top 10 RBs, so that’s good–and Gibson can at least provide a flex option, since you’re a little thin behind Lamb at WR (who was an absolute steal late in the 4th round–you should tip the chimps you drafted with an extra banana for that one).

You will need to grab a TE off the waiver wire to start for you for a year or so until Pitts gets up to speed. He might be ready about the same time as Lance, but in the meantime, you can use that wasted 10th round pick as a drop for your starting TE, whoever that turns out to be.

It’s going to take some work, but with some shrewd trades and waiver wire awareness, you could contend for the playoffs.

C

I love your draft!

Zeke in the first round for what would be a 5th pick was solid. But then adding Gibson, Mixon AND Sermon? Beauty! The upside on Gibson could win you a championship. Even if that doesn’t happen, Mixon can step into the RB2 role. And Sermon gives you some strong potential.

Your WR’s are solid, albeit lacking elite floors. CeeDee could reach top 5, and Diontae and Corey are solid WR2’s. Funny thing is, I like Meyers over Shenault. Until Shenault can show consistent fantasy production, at least Meyers will be the WR1 for the Pats.

Brady is at least a decent QB1, and Trey Lance has potential. I like the pairing.

Since you don’t need a TE, Pitts is a good flex risk for you. If he turns out great, you’re set. If not, you can always hit up your RB or WR depth for the flex.

I give this draft an “A” grade! I could nitpick your K and DST, but after that stellar performance, I can live with those.

I have to say that I am very impressed with the draft myself, but I may be a bit biased as I drafted a very similar team. I think if they all stay healthy (big IF) then you have a real shot. I also give it an A. Good luck this season.

1 Like

I think the Trey sermon pick should have been a wr. You have 3 rock solid rbs and your wr depth isn’t as strong as I would personally like. But other than that I think it’s a pretty good team.