First time keeper advice!

In a 12-team, half ppr salary cap league with standard roster. This is our second year, so first time we’re deciding on 0-3 keepers. I’ve got $217 to spend vs the league average of $200. Here are my options:

|Kyler Murray|$30.00|
|Cam Akers|$6.00|
|Justin Jefferson|$40.00|
|Darnell Mooney|$12.00|
|Amon Ra St. Brown|$6.00|
|Damien Harris|$21.00|
|Rashod Bateman|$8.00|

I’m definitely thinking Justin Jefferson and Cam Akers, with the third spot a bit of a tough call. Maybe Kyler? Maybe Amon Ra. Thoughts?

Jefferson and Akers are indeed safe options.

I would consider taking my chances with Bateman. The Ravens won’t throw a lot of passes, but they also don’t have many receivers. Bateman should have a low-end WR2 floor, and that’s not bad for $8.

As for Kyler - I’m not too high on him this year, but still have him as QB#8. So the question is: how many QBs from that range do you expect to hit the draft, and how much will you have to spend for them? If most other teams will keep their QB1s and upside candidates like Hurts, Lance or Carr go for $30 or more, then you’d better keep Murray.

That may be a bit difficult to project in a league that never had to set keepers before. So the decision to keep or drop Murray is a bit of a gamble.

Good luck!

2 Likes