Etienne vs Gibbs

I need to start on in the flex spot and it is really close. Both project just under 13 points with ETN having a slight edge.

Gibbs goes up vs KC in a likely high scoring battle with tons of passing and KC is horrible at defending a RB in the passing game (bottom 5 last 3 years).

ETN gets Indy where Jax should get a big lead and run a lot 2nd half.

I’m thinking Gibbs as he adds to my watching Opening Day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Etienne is the safer start, but if you just want some Thursday night action, be my guest.

I took a look at what the top analysts had to say. PFF’s Jahnke, who is the #1 in season guy over the last 70 weeks, has ETN at 14 with Gibbs at 15. The CBS trio has Gibbs at 10 and ETN at 11 and all are about the same. No right answer here.

A wild card option- Henry does not have a good match up vs the Saints.

Would you start both and bench Henry?

I might bench both and start Henry in both slots, but I would never bench the #1 RB in football for the last four or five years.

We still don’t know how the Jags will utilize Tank Bigsby in their RBBC. I might sit on ETN this week, if you can.

1 Like

You’re just not saying that because we play each other in fantasy this week are you? JK/LOL

Gibbs it is. The KC D vs a good receiving RB is just too inviting.

May see reduced workload

Lions head coach Dan Campbell said that Gibbs may not see a full workload in the season opener Thursday against Kansas City, Michele Steele of ESPN.com reports.

Advice: Campbell noted that the Lions want to be “smart” with Gibbs’ usage in his NFL debut with an eye toward keeping the rookie running back healthy for the full 17-game season. While any work taken off Gibbs’ plate likely means more action for David Montgomery, a lighter load doesn’t necessarily preclude Gibbs from seeing enough high-value touches in the red zone and in the passing game to pay off in fantasy lineups. Not only has offensive coordinator Ben Johnson recently made headlines by saying that Detroit could utilize Gibbs in creative ways this season, but Johnson also mentioned how “vertical threats don’t have to be receivers, so that’s one thing to watch out for with Gibbs.” With Jameson Williams (suspension) out for the first six games of the season, Gibbs could factor prominently into a passing game that currently has the likes of Marvin Jones, Josh Reynolds, and Kalif Raymond working as the top perimeter receivers alongside slot standout Amon-Ra St. Brown. Rotowire.com Yesterday, 11:58 am

Gibbs is turning into must-see TV.

1 Like

I would play Etienne…

He is the safer pick but by the closest of margins. I like Gibbs matchup a bit better and he is the only show to watch tonight. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like what I’ve seen from Gibbs, but I haven’t seen enough.

Gibbs only played 19 snaps to Montgomery’s 55, had only 7 carries for 42 vs 21 and only 2 targets for 2 catches and 18. He looked every part the explosive play maker he is projected to be.

It made no sense. He ran more yards coming in and out for one play than in the game. I thought there could be split but not close and he was out on passing downs and 2 minute. I never imagined he would play so little.

I was hoping for them to lose.

1 Like

My guess is the Lions are pacing his workload, so he doesn’t get the usual late season rookie burnout. Also, I suspect the Lions wanted to pound the Chiefs a little bit, and Montgomery was more suited for that.

1 Like

I agree to a degree but that was a bit much. Another 5 carries and 3 more targets would have worked well.

1 Like

Just be patient with him. By Thanksgiving, Gibbs will have you giving thanks!

1 Like

I’m very happy with what I saw as were all reports I’ve seen calling him electric, play maker and league winner, etc.

I expect a floor similar to what I felt is needed for ETN and Swift of around 15 carries and 5 targets, add in 2 or 3 split wide. This should have him at 11-12 fantasy points per game. I think that’s reasonable and will come by Halloween if not sooner.

Gibbs had 6 broken tackles on 7 carries with a 4.5 YAC which is unheard of.

You just had to watch him to know he was special.

1 Like

I watched CBS Fantasy Sunday morning and a question was if Gibbs was now a buy low candidate. Jamey answered "Only if the owner reads box scores, NOT to any who watched the game. :sunglasses: