Drop/add on waiver wire

Should I drop Tony Jones Jr for Elijah Moore, Rondale Moore, or Darnell Mooney
.5 ppr 10 teams

Depends on if you need an emergency RB or a WR prospect more.

Should I drop hunter Henry for schultz

If you think he’s prettier. Fantasy-wise, it’s pretty much a lateral move.

1 Like

Would you drop Gibson for PIERCE?

Thanks for digging this 2021 thread up. This piece of forum archaeology uncovered another of AxeElf’s famed “useful advices”:

As for your question: this is no easy decision.

Pierce appears to have the #1 role in Houston. However, 2 questions remain: How much volume will he have to share with Rex Burkhead? And how much is the RB role worth at all in a team with mediocre o-line, that will probably play from behind a lot?

Gibson OTOH looked like he was toast, and is now back thanks to Robinson getting shot at. For him, we know he won’t cacth a lot of passes, as that’s what they brought back McKissic for. His upside is further limited by the same factors as Pierce’s: o-line and playing from behind a lot. And we don’t know when Robinson will return, and what will happen then.

So both players show a pretty similar profile. I’d probably go with Pierce, as he has more pass catching upside. But you’re not getting a huge upgrade there, and Gibson has shown that he can be a top 10 RB last year, even with McKissic around.

Two, even–the wisdom to choose a RB or a WR based upon team need, and the fantasy equivalence of Henry and Schultz back when everyone thought Henry would be special and nobody was drafting Schultz.

It pleases me to be of such service to the fantasy football community.

I forgot that you do not consider a 2 PPG difference important. In a recent discussion, you even said that QBs with a 6 PPG difference were essentially the same.

By the time you gave that ‘helpful advice’, I had just added Schultz from the waiver wire and traded Henry away for an early 2022 3rd dynasty draft pick. Which I turned into Albert O, whom I now traded away for a 2023 mid 2nd.

So I gained 2 PPG and some nice draft capital by making a move that you said would not make any difference.

It speaks volumes that it gives you pleasure to spread such poor advice. When I give advice that turns out to be bad, I feel terrible.

According to FantasyPros stats, they were 0.6 ppg different in standard scoring leagues.