This mock draft I did was with a 1.01 pick in a 10-team draft, 1 QB, PPR.
- Jonathan Taylor (Ind - RB): I broke down and took Taylor first. The more I consider Taylor versus Najee Harris, it’s a coin flip of difference between them. With the first pick, I’ll take my chances on JT.
- Javonte Williams (Den - RB): Had to wait awhile for this one, but I like what I’m hearing about Javonte this year. With Russell Wilson in town, that should make life easier for the Denver RB’s.
- Michael Pittman Jr. (Ind - WR): Pittman has 1st round WR talent, but at a 3rd round price. Sold!
- Kyle Pitts (Atl - TE): The best TE in football, in my opinion.
- Patrick Mahomes (KC - QB): WHAT AM I DOING HERE?! Believe me, I thought that myself. But Mahomes in the 5th round? That is just way too late for a QB who is arguably the 2nd or 3rd best in the NFL. While I still despise him with every fiber of my being, even I can’t deny the value here.
- AJ Dillon (GB - RB): Solid backup who took over the Green Bay backfield towards the end of last season.
- Amon-Ra St. Brown (Det - WR): It’s easy to find good WR’s in the middle rounds.
- Tony Pollard (Dal - RB): Will Zeke last? Even if he does, Pollard will still be a decent flex play.
- Kenneth Walker III (Sea - RB): When Penny goes down, the Walker goes up.
- Derek Carr (LV - QB): I had to, after the shame of drafting Mahomes.
- Hunter Renfrow (LV - WR): I still say Renfrow is the one primed to benefit the most from Davante Adams coming to Vegas.
- Chase Claypool (Pit - WR): Don’t sleep on Claypool. Sure, George Pickens is the darling of training camp. But if the Steelers were really going to bench Claypool for Pickens, they would trade Claypool first.
- Chris Olave (NO - WR): I still don’t trust Michael Thomas coming back to anything remotely like what he was.
- Younghoe Koo (Atl - K): KOOOOOOOO!
- Las Vegas (LV - DEF): Homer pick.
Sadly, Yahoo gave me an A- draft grade for this. The contrarian in me tells me I clearly did something wrong here!