Yahoo Draft - 8th pick in a 10 team draft

Just a little prep for the South Beach league, where I’m drafting 8th in a 10 team league. I was surprised to see a lot of players going before their ADP, which tells me I need to adjust my drafting earlier than expected going forward. So here is what I got:

1. Dalvin Cook (Min - RB): Najee Harris got picked early, with the 6th pick. But Cook is a fair replacement.
  2. Joe Mixon (Cin - RB): The WR’s I wanted were all off the board by this pick.
  3. A.J. Brown (Phi - WR): I can live with AJ as my alpha.
  4. Breece Hall (NYJ - RB): A little early to draft the flex, but why not? Breece is a solid RB3, and could easily replace my other starters in case of injury.
  5. Jaylen Waddle (Mia - WR): I still say Waddle is the best WR in Miami.
  6. Dalton Schultz (Dal - TE): I wasn’t able to get Kyle Pitts like I wanted, so I settled for Schultz. But this changed my end-draft strategy, as you’ll see.
  7. AJ Dillon (GB - RB): On my bench, but AJ could easily step up.
  8. DK Metcalf (Sea - WR): Say what you will about DK, but he has the talent to outperform his QB.
  9. Derek Carr (LV - QB): Surprised to see Carr dropping this far, but happy to grab him here.
  10. Chris Olave (NO - WR): Another potential alpha WR. Does anyone really feel comfy with Michael Thomas any more as an alpha?
  11. Chase Claypool (Pit - WR): Love me some Chase. Sure, he’s a lunkhead, but he’s a talented lunkhead.
  12. Jameis Winston (NO - QB): Happy with Jameis as my backup QB.
  13. Younghoe Koo (Atl - K): Isn’t this too early to draft a kicker? Normally, yes. But I have a plan.
  14. New Orleans (NO - DEF): This defense beat the Bucs twice last season.
  15. Isaiah Likely (Bal - TE): I knew I could get Likely with the last pick. After drafting Dalton Schultz earlier, I decided to take a shot on Likely at the end. The kid has been burning up the preseason, even going 8-8-100-1 in the last preseason game. He hasn’t dropped a single target all preseason. Sure, Mark Andrews is ahead of him, but this is a guy you need to know going forward, most especially in dynasty and keeper leagues.

Overall, Yahoo gave me a C+ grade, which I am very good with, since it means the experts disagree with something I did.

I have pick #10 and see where we may well be affecting each others choices to and fro.

The late media blitz will change the minds of many, as always. However, I do not recall seeing this much potential flux in the first round as this year. Many in conflict on injury, old vs new and WR’s jumping up.

CAN’T WAIT!!!

1 Like

Sadly, I will probably have to auto-draft my picks, as I just found out I have to work that day. Fortunately, I have a good idea of what I want.

Damn, shoulda said something earlier. We could adjust but too late now.

I could always pick for ya. LOL

I will take Henry for ya at #8.

1 Like

Don’t worry. I did a draft list, and I wouldn’t get Henry before the 3rd round. If he falls that far, I’d be happy to take him there!