Just a little prep for the South Beach league, where I’m drafting 8th in a 10 team league. I was surprised to see a lot of players going before their ADP, which tells me I need to adjust my drafting earlier than expected going forward. So here is what I got:
- Dalvin Cook (Min - RB): Najee Harris got picked early, with the 6th pick. But Cook is a fair replacement.
- Joe Mixon (Cin - RB): The WR’s I wanted were all off the board by this pick.
- A.J. Brown (Phi - WR): I can live with AJ as my alpha.
- Breece Hall (NYJ - RB): A little early to draft the flex, but why not? Breece is a solid RB3, and could easily replace my other starters in case of injury.
- Jaylen Waddle (Mia - WR): I still say Waddle is the best WR in Miami.
- Dalton Schultz (Dal - TE): I wasn’t able to get Kyle Pitts like I wanted, so I settled for Schultz. But this changed my end-draft strategy, as you’ll see.
- AJ Dillon (GB - RB): On my bench, but AJ could easily step up.
- DK Metcalf (Sea - WR): Say what you will about DK, but he has the talent to outperform his QB.
- Derek Carr (LV - QB): Surprised to see Carr dropping this far, but happy to grab him here.
- Chris Olave (NO - WR): Another potential alpha WR. Does anyone really feel comfy with Michael Thomas any more as an alpha?
- Chase Claypool (Pit - WR): Love me some Chase. Sure, he’s a lunkhead, but he’s a talented lunkhead.
- Jameis Winston (NO - QB): Happy with Jameis as my backup QB.
- Younghoe Koo (Atl - K): Isn’t this too early to draft a kicker? Normally, yes. But I have a plan.
- New Orleans (NO - DEF): This defense beat the Bucs twice last season.
- Isaiah Likely (Bal - TE): I knew I could get Likely with the last pick. After drafting Dalton Schultz earlier, I decided to take a shot on Likely at the end. The kid has been burning up the preseason, even going 8-8-100-1 in the last preseason game. He hasn’t dropped a single target all preseason. Sure, Mark Andrews is ahead of him, but this is a guy you need to know going forward, most especially in dynasty and keeper leagues.
Overall, Yahoo gave me a C+ grade, which I am very good with, since it means the experts disagree with something I did.