Which TE do I drop?

10 team, full PPR. I currently have Freiermuth and Schultz. Not sure if either will be playing this weekend, so I am planning to drop one to pick up either Taysom Hill or Hurst on the WW for this week. I feel like Schultz is probably the one to drop, as I see Freiermuth with more upside long term (even after Dak gets back). Thoughts? Also, preference of Hill or Hurst? Our league awards extra points for out of position scores, so Hill’s rushing TDs add extra scoring leverage. Thanks!

1 Like

Hill is like the TE3 already, without the bonuses for scoring “out of position,” so he’s obviously the pickup. It doesn’t matter who you drop, because unless you start 2 TEs, you’ll never start anyone but Hill at TE anyway (and no serious FF player even carries 2 TEs in a 10 team single TE league, so you could just drop them both).

Funny, I’m in the same situation in one of my dynasty leagues. Can’t really drop Muuth or Schultz there, so I added Tyler Conklin to fill in - who promptly laid a goose egg last week. :sweat_smile:

In your situation, I’d lean towards dropping Schultz. As for whom to add - Hill provides ridiculous upside, but his floor is zero. Hurst’s floor isn’t that much higher, though, and his matchup isn’t good. So why not give Taysom a chance.

All I can say is, I added Taysom Hill to replace Kyle Pitts. I used $86 FAAB bucks too. For post-week 5 waiver wire adds, this is a rarity. Grab it NOW!

This is just too funny.

1 Like

Believe it or not, I agree with you. I wouldn’t do it under most situations, but Pitts has been unusually ineffective. This makes Hill a far more intriguing prospect.

I like Schultz who was ranked in the top 6 preseason. He played very well for me last year with Dak and was healthy. I expect more of the same in the second half.

edmcgonRegular

8d

All I can say is, I added Taysom Hill to replace Kyle Pitts. I used $86 FAAB bucks too. For post-week 5 waiver wire adds, this is a rarity. Grab it NOW!

Yeah, I never remember seeing a bid like that.

We’re hitting the point in the season where you use your FAAB or lose it.

Yeah, there is only 11 weeks left. :slight_smile:

I have no clue as to what you are talking about.

Great waiver wire additions don’t usually pop up after week 6. At best, it’s somebody getting opportunities who isn’t really that good.

edmcgonRegular

10m

Great waiver wire additions don’t usually pop up after week 6. At best, it’s somebody getting opportunities who isn’t really that good.

No way is that accurate. Byes and injuries create great options into the playoffs.
If you are in the playoffs needing a player and are broke, what do you do?

I’m not a fan of saving FAAB for late in the season. Yes, injuries can happen. But handcuff players rarely put up the same fantasy performance as the injured starter they replace.

So I’ll rather spend my FAAB early on players who look like they might provide depth for the entire season.

1 Like

There are VG pick ups early which is great but I budget some for later, as I see you have done as well.

There really haven’t been a lot of waiver wire adds this year who have had team-changing potential; maybe Kenneth Walker, but that remains to be seen. I was just looking through the transactions in one of my 10-team half-PPR league to make sure I hadn’t forgotten anyone, and got a shiver of delight when I saw that someone paid $40 (of $100) for Tyler Allgeier back when Patterson went down. lol

But yeah, in general, your FAB $$ are going to be worth less as the year goes on. Other than maybe needing a couple of bucks for bye week Ks or Ds, your FAB $$ probably aren’t going to help your team much after Week 8-9, maybe week 9-10, now that most playoffs start in Week 15 instead of Week 14.