Trade: Penny and Gesicki for Renfrow

I recently completed the following trade in a dynasty, half-PPR league: RB Rashaad Penny and TE Mike Gesicki for WR Hunter Renfrow.

My thinking was I needed some WR depth on my team. After Garrett Wilson and Chase Claypool, there is a significant dropoff in talent, to a bunch of WR3’s and prospects. At this point, if I had to start one of them, maybe Jalen Tolbert? I needed somebody to get some targets, and Renfrow will do that, especially in a Raiders offense that will be going even more pass-heavy under their new HC.

As for what I gave up, I don’t trust Penny to stay healthy, in spite of Seattle’s proclamation that the RB1 job is his. With Kenny Walker breathing down his neck, it’s hard to see Penny keeping this job for long.

As for Gesicki, I was already stacked with TE’s, having Darren Waller and CJ Uzomah and Foster Moreau. Gesicki was expendable, plus I don’t trust his production with Tyreek Hill on the scene. Also, Gesicki signed his RFA deal, so he could be a free agent next year, and who knows where he could land.

I like the trade. Mild overpay for Renfrow, but given his upside and the risks you mentioned for Gesicki and Penny, I’d have done it myself.

1 Like

I like the trade. Can’t trust penny. I think a lot of people will be disappointed with him when he’s injured by week 3. Gieski is going to see a drop in targets in that offence.

AFC West is going to be shootouts every game so Renfrow is a nice pick up.

1 Like