Saquon is a bad joke

I cannot believe Saquon Barkley is still considered an “elite” RB, even besting Derrick Henry in PPR ECR ratings. They are looking at Barkley’s stats from 2018. The last 2 seasons, Henry has owned him, even in PPR. Quit living in the past!

First, Barkley cannot stay healthy.

Second, even Barkley’s receptions from 2 years ago can’t match Henry’s rushing production.

For TD’s, Henry is a consistent beast. Did I mention Barkley plays for the Giants? Not exactly a lot of TD opportunities in the Meadowlands.

So why are the experts in love with Barkley? You got me on that one. Let them draft him.

To be honest, there are RB’s in the 4th and 5th tier that I would rather take a chance on than Barkley. Antonio Gibson and Najee Harris come to mind.

1 Like

The tread on Barkley tires are starting to wear a little bit. I still think he can finish as a RB1 but I agree with you, I will be passing on him in redraft leagues.

I drafted Barkley 1.01 in 2018 in a 14 team dynasty superflex league and recently traded him for the 1.02 and the 1.07. I proceeded to trade the 1.07 for Tyreek Hill straight up (got em’) and I will draft Najee Harris at 1.02 as Saquon replacement. Make money moves out here Ladies and Gentlemen!

1 Like

Here’s a good review of Saquon’s chances:

Takeaway? I think he needs to be downgraded out of the first round of picks (both RB and overall), and possibly lower. If the Giants try to rush him back, we could see a repeat of last year.

RB12 in my rankings - and that’s assuming he won’t miss any time.

The Giants have a pretty terrible season ahead of them. Their o-line is one of the worst of the league, and if (!) their passing game will improve, then it’s because there are more (admittedly capable) mouths to feed now.

The improved receiver corps may help diverting some defensive attention away from Saquon, but it also means he has more competition for air targets now.

Add the injury risk, and I’m beginnning to feel I’m too optimistic for Saquon when ranking him as RB12. I love his talent, But I wouldn’t touch him anywhere near his ADP. Same goes for every other Giants player except for Devontae Booker.

1 Like