Similar to the “passing yards” thread I just started - which teams will be best (or worst) at running the ball in the 2021 NFL season?
My top 5 are:
- BAL (even if they will pass a little more, they are still easily my #1 in the rushing yards ranking)
- TEN, NO (because Henry, Kamara)
- CLE (because their passing game just doesn’t cut it)
- MIN or NE or GB
SEA, PHI and SF will do okay. So will ARI, but they will struggle a little, as Kyler will run less than in 2020, Edmonds has yet to prove that he can be an RB1, and Conner will disappoint.
Bottom tier candidates are:
- HOU (because they belong to the bottom of the ranking in every category this season - sorry Texans fans - and especially so in terms of their running game, where they were #32 last year already)
- CIN, DET (they both have a tough schedule and will have to rely mostly on passing)
- TB (because GOAT)
- PIT (yes, Harris, I get it, but to rack up rushing yards, an actual o-line would help, and the Steelers don’t have one; plus they have the worst schedule in the entire league)
- JAX (if they will indeed deploy their best RB as a receiver out of the back field)
I’m not too hot on WSH, ATL, CHI and the NYJ