Landing Spot - Jordan Addison

Let’s not ignore the 4th WR taken in the 1st round, Jordan Addison, going to Minnesota.

Watching his game film, one thing became apparent to me: Caleb Williams is an awesome QB! His passes were air mailed gifts, with nice tight spirals that hit the perfect mark more often than not. That said, USC has a long tradition of good WR’s, and Addison is certainly one of them. A lot of his highlights were plays where he just flat out beat coverage, and Williams drops a 50 yard pass in Addison’s lap. You don’t see Addison with a lot of contested catches, because he tended to beat the coverage. That will probably change in the NFL, so that is a wait-and-see for him.

As for the landing spot, there’s a good and bad side to it. The good side is he will be playing opposite Justin Jefferson, so he won’t have to face top cover corners. The bad side is his QB is Kirk Cousins, a middle-ranking QB1, who ranked 7th-9th last year (over 100 points behind Mahomes and Allen, depending on QB stats used). Addison’s upside comp here is Tee Higgins.

To me, this seems too early to be drafting a WR2, but we’ll see if this pans out for Minnesota.

1 Like

Barring injuries Addison should have the best volume and year of any of the top four WRs.

1 Like

I still prefer Quentin Johnston.

1 Like

Yes but not 1st year. I already have you picking him and now have to wait for Zak’s pick to see who I will be left with.

1 Like

I’m not picking any WR with my first pick. Too many good QB’s and RB’s.

2 Likes

WOW! Sounds good for me.

Gents, we do remember that, while Thielen is gone, there still is a certain Justin Jefferson around in Minny?

It’s a good landing spot, and Addison is still a great draft target. But he’ll become the #2 target in a team that will have to change their QB sooner rather than later. I’ll pass here, you guys can have him.

2 Likes