How's Axe Elf Doing?

Oh gosh, when I saw the “What’s Your Record?” thread I realized I had not updated this site on how Axe Elf was doing yet this week. Let me rectify that without further delay.

After Sunday’s games, League 4 was a loss. Amon-Ra did his work, but Jefferson, Henry, Zeke and Patterson all loafed and my opponent was the beneficiary of a Tua/Waddle stack. He also had Bateman and CEH. Sigh. A good time to post the third-lowest score in the league, I suppose, rather than wasting a good effort against the Dolphins’ domination.

Also by the end of Sunday, League 2 was a win—I had a 6 point lead with my opponent done, and me still having Jefferson and Diggs to go on Monday Night. I ended up wasting the second-highest score in the league beating the second-lowest score in the league, but after two weeks, I’m undefeated in this league with the most total points scored. Jefferson, Diggs, Amon-Ra, Lockett and CEH in my only full-PPR league are just killing it.

However, since I didn’t need anything out of Diggs on Monday Night, I was kind of hoping he would post a nice quiet 6 for 60 or something—because I was playing against him in ALL three of my other leagues!!! I did have Henry still to play in all three, so going into MNF I was a projected 6 point winner in League 1, and a projected 0.6 point winner in League 5. I was a projected loser in League 3 anyway, but Henry was corralled by the Bills, and Diggs did what Diggs does, and I lost all three of these games—with scores in the top half of the league for two of my three losing teams.

Sucks to be me playing against one of my best players in three other leagues. :(

So after two weeks I have one 2-0 team, one 0-2 team, and three 1-1 teams; right at .500 for the season. I’m ok with that, given the opponents that I’ve faced in the first two weeks—Mahomes 3 times, Allen 2 times, Herbert 2 times, Murray, Tua for his career game, Mixon twice, CMC, Taylor twice, Swift in Week 1, CEH, Diggs FOUR times, Bateman FOUR times as well, Mike Williams twice, Waddle, Tyreek, Kirk, Chase… There can’t be too many more good players out there for me to face, can there?

And I need a little more consistent production out of guys like Allen Robinson, Derrick Henry, Jonathan Taylor, and my TEs other than Goedert and Ertz, and getting guys like JK Dobbins, Gus Edwards, Damien Williams, Michael Gallup and Keenan Allen back from IR will be a plus as well. So I feel pretty good through the first two weeks; just need to keep developing into mid-season form.