FAB Waiver Advice

First time using FAB waiver wire for me. Just wondering if I should be placing any FAB $ on a waiver wire defense? I am going to be streaming all year and just curious if anyone thinks I should be using FAB $ to acquire a defense. If so, how much should I bid?

2 Likes

If you really want a particular D, sure, you can bid FAB on them. Unless they’re in high demand, though, you probly don’t need to throw more than a dollar or two at them.

If there are two or three Ds on waivers that you wouldn’t mind trotting out, then don’t bother; just pick one up as a FA after the waiver period.

1 Like

Depends a bit on your league habits. I also love to stream defenses, and rarely spend any FAAB$ on them. But then, neither does any other manager.

The only exception is when the playoffs draw closer, and I want to make sure to secure a team with a good schedule in weeks 15-17.

A general advice: don’t hesitate to spend big $$$ early in the season. The further the season progresses, the less players emerge that are “must-adds”. I have no problem spending well over 50% of my FAAB budget in weeks 1-3.

1 Like

Have to disagree on spending early. Late injuries have been brutal and having money to spend on a playoff run trumps early. JMO

That can be avoided by stashing key handcuffs before the starter gets injured. Also, handcuffs rarely match the starter’s production. I have seen many managers spending all their remaining FAAB$ on a handcuff, only to find out he’s hardly startable.

Consider a 15 man roster and multiple injuries which will increase later and bye weeks. Not much to stash.

If you pick up high-upside players early in the season, you put yourself in a position where you can replace injured starters with players from your bench.

And maybe some of these early pickups will even help your team all season long, as they turn out to be better than one of your starters.

If you save your FAAB$ for late-season adds, you will probably spend them on players who may not be worth the investment, even if they just moved up on their team’s depth chart.

I’m not saying you should spend all your FAAB$ early. But saving them all until late in the season does not strike me as a winning strategy.

Not saying to save all but to be selective and save at least a third.

You need a QB for 4-6 weeks and have to take your best shot.

Look at the other options and they are many, For me, few options worth a damn until the league sorts out. It is highly unlikely for anyone to get a VG player for the season early but many will jump.

I wouldn’t spend more than $1 on a defense, and only if it is really good.

1 Like

Zak did not listen at all and still spent for Goedert. His stealing ways continue from draft to comment to waivers. He could have saved his money, I would have signed him and offered him Ertz in trade, which I planned to do. lol

1 Like

Something went wrong there, though. Either me or Yahoo mixed up my bid amounts for Goedert and Curtis Samuel. I blame Yahoo. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Wait, so a top 5 TE wasn’t even drafted in your little “challenge” league?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

ZakHHRegular

14m

Something went wrong there, though. Either me or Yahoo mixed up my bid amounts for Goedert and Curtis Samuel. I blame Yahoo. :sweat_smile:

Not a problem. I will correct it. Send me Goedert and I will send you Ertz and Samuel for your trouble. I am a very fair commissioner who wants things done right. I await your offer to approve,

Wait, so a top 5 TE wasn’t even drafted in your little “challenge” league?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
______________________________________________-
Adults are talking. Go away,

That would be unwise when Axe Elf is typing.

Those wouldn’t be the same “adults” who let Dallas Goedert go undrafted, would they?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That would be unwise when Axe Elf is typing.

Those wouldn’t be the same “adults” who let Dallas Goedert go undrafted, would they?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
_________________________________________________________----

Never happened fool. Little knowledge is dangerous, no knowledge is an waste of time spouting off at the mouth by an itiot not knowing any better.

Feel sorry for him.

I’ve always found that insulting someone’s intelligence goes better when I spell the insult correctly, but you do you.

I’ve always found that insulting someone’s intelligence goes better when I spell the insult correctly, but you do you.

lol

Maybe you should stay in your lane and not try talking for groups of which you are not a member.

I was a contestant in the 1977 National Spelling Bee, and my IQ has to be expressed in scientific notation. I didn’t get to be on ESPN2, though, since ESPN wouldn’t be invented for another four years.

It should be noted that his IQ is now represented in negative scientific notation. Around some parts, he’s known as “Pinky” for his similarity to a certain cartoon mouse…

1 Like