Ekeler and CMC owner in a PPR. Am I crazy to want to trade 1 for Mixon?

Kept Ekeler and drafted CMC 1st round but neither has had a single huge game. Neither has been bad per se but not exactly what I had hoped for through 3 weeks either with Baker being allergic to check downs and Ekeler having a much lower usage %. The Mixon owner is 0-3 and may bite at a 1 for 1 swap. Mixon has a higher floor imo with the usage %. I’m 2-1 so no need to completely shake up my roster but coming into the year I thought they’d both have abouth 12-15 catches apiece and if that ain’t happening I want a workhorse like Henry or Mixon. Thoughts?

2 Likes

You are not crazy.

That Ekeler would regress this season did not come as a surprise. I promoted him left, right and center last year, and he helped me win a title in my dynasty league.

But I was a lot more hesitant about him this year. Tried to trade him, but nobody showed any interest.

CMC is more of a surprise, as far as I am concerned. He has no connection with Baker at all. His ground production is solid, but 4-5 targets per game, even in negative game script, is not what I had expected.

Now, as for Henry - is he still the workhorse? Last week, he looked good in terms of fantasy points. But how did he get there? 20 carries for 85 yards is nothing to get excited about, though at least he did find the end zone.

He did get 6 targets, though. Which is only the second time in his long career that he saw that many. If that turns out to be an exception, and he stays at his usual 0-2 targets per game, he may not be a top PPR option. At least not as long as his ground production does not exceed 85 yards.

Mixon OTOH is a good PPR option. He still seems primed for 5-8 targets per game, as he was in the second half of 2021. This season, I’d take him over Ekeler any time.

1 Like

I have Mixon and am concerned, He has only averaged 3 YPC behind an OL supposed to be better but NOT true. He has shown frustration in no openings and lack of carries.

I am considering trading him but, gonna give things one more week to sort out how much was player vs how much was match up.

I think they’ve played some tough fronts to start and played from behind a bit. Idk, maybe I’ll sit one more week and hope to see Ekeler on the field and do something other than a McKissik impression catching 6 garbage time catches.

SlootMaster

18m

I think they’ve played some tough fronts to start and played from behind a bit. Idk, maybe I’ll sit one more week and hope to see Ekeler on the field and do something other than a McKissik impression catching 6 garbage time catch

My reference was to Mixon but applies to Ekeler as well.

It’s not worth discussing until you have some sign from the other owner that he would be interested in making a trade; otherwise you’re just fantasizing.

Yeah, I meant Mixon. So I think he’ll be on the upswing while Ekeler might just be what he is at the moment.

I have and they are considering it as we speak. Just for fun if you were selling Ekeler what RB’s do you think are realistically attainable? Package him and a WR2 for Taylor? Try to get Henry straight up?

SlootMaster

AxeElf

20m

I have and they are considering it as we speak. Just for fun if you were selling Ekeler what RB’s do you think are realistically attainable? Package him and a WR2 for Taylor? Try to get Henry straight up?

IF other managers see Ekeler as the #3 player in fantasy you can get most anyone.

IF they see him as what he has been in 3 weeks no where near.

I won’t say Mixon is the way to go, but I will say I watched Carolina last weekend, and seeing them pound CMC into the line as often as they did caused me concern. Watching that made me think, “He is not going to last the season like that”.

Mixon has better endurance, but maybe not production. Assuming this is redraft, I would lean towards Mixon here. But it’s not golden.

Maybe shoot for Breece Hall, whose production has increased every week, and see what other trade assets you can pull from him? You might even be able to knock it down to Ekeler for Hall.

1 Like

Yes, it’s redraft. CMC being used as primarily a pound the rock guy is baffling me thus far!! It’s like they’re trying to get him injured. Why not hit the guy with dump offs and let him work in space where he’s at his best? I think I’m stuck holding Ekeler for 1 more week at this point and maybe after week 2 was my best chance to move off of him for any real value.

Wait, did you just recommend trading Ekeler for Breece Hall?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!