Drop Johnson, Booker, Drake or Mooney?

Full PPR

My top 3 RBs are Nick Chubb, Damien Harris and Leonard Fournette.
My top 3 WRs are Cooper Kupp, D’Andre Hopkins and CeeDee Lamb.

I will activate Nick Chubb off IR if he plays Week 8. Should I drop D’Ernest Johnson, Devontae Booker, Kenyan Drake or Darnell Mooney?

Will Johnson still have any fantasy value until Kareem Hunt returns?
Booker should become strictly a handcuff when Barkley returns.
Drake suddenly has fantasy value again after Gruden departed.
Mooney’s value is limited in the bad Chicago offense.

In that group, I’d probably dump Mooney, unless you can see a bye week situation where you might need him in the next few weeks.

After Mooney, Johnson is the most droppable of the group, but only IF Chubb is playing.

1 Like

I just dropped Booker myself. With Saquon returning, he has outlived his usefulness. No chance to trade him, and he’ll probably remain on the waiver wire, in case Saquon should run into more troubles.

Johnson is also droppable. But since there are few reasons to believe that Mooney’s situation will improve any time soon, I wouldn’t blame you for dropping him and keep more depth on RB. It’s much easier to grab a startable WR off waivers than a startable RB.

1 Like
  1. Mooney 2. Booker. Depends if you need to hold any receivers.
1 Like

Thank you for your answers. As it turned out, I was able to activate Nick Chubb off the IR by placing the injured Dawson Knox on the IR after Yahoo moved him from Questionable to Out. I can still use the advice you gave when I need to make my next waiver pick up.

2 Likes