Drafting in a league passing TDs worth 6 points

Thank you for confirming you don’t understand your own posts. So it’s not just us.

Ah, we’re down to “rely on rushing TDs”. Your first post implied that all QBs who scored rushing TDs were devalued, and you gave Josh Allen as an example.

The statement still makes no sense, though. Any QB who has rushing upside will always be more valuable than a QB with similar passing stats, but no rushing upside. Unless you gave a QB negative points for rushing TDs.

The only correct statement here is (and this really isn’t much of a revelation):

In a 6 point league, QBs with many passing TDs gain more value than those with few passing TDs.

Period. The end.

Lighten up the mood with a joke. I like that. :rofl:

Let’s ignore the ridiculous “Ks score the most fantasy points” part and focus on this one, as this is actually correct.

The key factor when deciding which position to address in any given round of the draft is: “How many fantasy points will I lose if I draft a player for that position only in the next round?”

At the top tiers, the dropoff is steepest for RBs. That’s why it does make sense to draft an elite RB first. Even in SFLEX leagues, even in 6 pt leagues.

But the curve flattens quicker for RBs and WRs than it does for QBs.

Passing on the #1 player and going for the #7 instead costs you following half-PPR points per game:
QB: -5.3
RB: -7.8
WR: -5.9

So if you draft early in the first round, you will take an elite RB.

But in the late 2nd or in the 3rd round, things look different already. Let’s assume the top 6 for each position are off the board already, so you now have to decide whether to take the #7 guy on the position, or settle for the #13 in a later round:

QB: -3.7
RB: -3.4
WR: -1.5

It would make more sense to go after a QB at this point already.

And another 1-2 rounds later, when you have to decide between the #13 and the #19 guy, it looks like this:

QB: -1.8
RB: -1.1
WR: -0.8

So the statement that “QBs all score about the same” is blatantly false. They don’t, as the above numbers (that are based on a 5-year average of an actual league) clearly show.

And the above numbers are based on a 4 point league. In a 6 point league, the dropoff among QBs will be even steeper.