Big Trade: Gibbs and Pitts for Waddle and a pick

I pulled off a big trade in the South Beach Keeper 8 league: I gave up Jahmyr Gibbs, Kyle Pitts and my 16th round pick for Jaylen Waddle and his 3rd round pick.

In this league, I’m stacked at RB but I desperately needed a better WR, and Waddle is one of the best WR’s on a strong Miami offense. Getting the 3rd round pick was icing on the cake. Of my RB’s, Gibbs has been underwhelming, mainly because of David Montgomery. At TE, I have Luke Musgrave and Jonnu Smith (who seems to be on the field more than Pitts, mainly because he’s a better run blocker.).

1 Like

It’s a good and fair trade. There are risks with Gibbs finally being who he is supposed to be and breaking out, as I know from doing the same.

That said how long can you wait?

1 Like

Good question. I think my roster can compete this year, at 3-3 now. Waddle gives me that extra something that was needed. Gibbs really wasn’t helping much. And Pitts is the living embodiment of the phrase “unrealized potential”. All the talent on Earth, but on the wrong team!

Agree and you made the right move. I would add Gibbs as being on the wrong team as well. Remember Swift.

1 Like

Exactly. As soon as Swift was on the Eagles, he was suddenly great.

Yeah and we both have him. I know of Lions HC Campbell from the past in Miami. He is old school and NOT creative at all. Put Gibbs in Miami and he would be better than Achane.

1 Like

Perhaps. He is comparable.

Overstated a bit for effect. :slight_smile:

1 Like