Big Dynasty Trade Deal Done!

Just did this trade in my PPR/Superflex dynasty league:

I gave up: Robert Woods, Tua, Jacoby Brissett, and a 1st round pick that I got from him in a previous trade.

I got: Brandon Aiyuk, Jameis Winston, Chubba Hubbard, Cam Akers, and my junk 21st round pick back that I sent to him earlier (just to allow the draft picks to be traded).

Any thoughts?

Not a bad deal. Woods will probably be the better WR this year, but Aiyuk is 6 years younger. Getting Winston for Tua is a deal I’d have done without thinking twice.

Getting Hubbard and Akers for a 1st round pick is good, though not without risk. Hubbard is no more than a handcuff, but for a prominent RB who is beginning to earn the dreaded “injury prone” label. And if Akers remains the RB1 for the Rams remains to be seen, but at least the chance is there.

I’d probably have made the trade.

Thanks! The only thing I really sacrificed in this deal is Woods, and he worries me. Coop seems to be owning the target share in LA. Even if that changes, how much will it change? I am not saying Woods is worthless, but Aiyuk seems to have more upside at their respective points in their careers.

I have wanted Hubbard since coming into this season, mainly because I suspected he would either play a role in Carolina’s offense going forward if they reduced CMC’s workload, or would get a larger role if they tried to run CMC into the ground like they did before. Since it was the latter, I am glad I was able to pull off this trade before they have completely ruined CMC. Hubbard is a potential RB1.

Just checked my draft sheet, which says:

“No outstanding traits. Fumbling issues. Landing spot makes him interesting, but needs a CMC injury to become relevant.”

Well, the injury is there, and with CMC now officially being injury-prone, I won’t blame anybody for picking up Hubbard.

Agreed, there are much better RB’s. But Chubba will get the opportunities as long as the Panthers continue to overuse CMC until he breaks.

Before week 1 I jumped right in with the Buffalo Bills