Atlanta QB Change

Falcons will start rookie Ridder after their bye this week. Great news for London and me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure that will radically increase the passing volume in Atlanta. The best you can hope for is for it to increase the passing efficiency.

I would take a good college kid over Mariota. I think it means more targets for London which makes him a WR 3. Then, we see how it goes next week.

The Falcons are in a dilemma. They are only 1.5 games back in their division, so they still have every chance to make the playoffs. But they certainly don’t look like a playoff contender.

And of course, they want to find out what they have in Ridder. Mariota is not a long-term solution, that much is certain. (Sarcasm: he should be available for the Colts next year :smiling_imp: )

But before the 2023 draft, the Falcons will want to know if they can plan with Ridder, or if they have to add QB to their to-do list.

As for London’s value: if the QB change is good news remains to be seen. But I also don’t think it can get much worse for him. I’m mildly optimistic for him, but don’t know if I would start him this week if I had alternatives available.

1 Like

Atlanta is on bye this week.

Which eliminates the risk of him putting up negative points.
But I’m still not sure I would start him. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Brutal honesty time: There isn’t a single team in the NFC South that looks like a playoff team, including division leader Tampa Bay.

Sadly, the only league where I have London, I have no better choices. So he starts after the bye…

1 Like

True that.

There certainly is some upside here as well. Maybe Ridder will unlock London, making those who benched him curse the day. It’s a risky gamble with a new and completely unproven QB, but the potential reward is certainly there.

1 Like

Sometimes, there is just no choice but to gamble on the upside.

1 Like

ZakHHRegular

Which eliminates the risk of him putting up negative points.
But I’m still not sure I would start him. :crazy_face:

For most of last night he would have been the same as Akers. Oh well, better to be lucky than good, I got 9 points and will take them. That sai I know Pacheco will do much better. It is my CURSE of the Cam.

I wanted London in Miami back when he projected as a 3rd round pick. His talent and grades are that of a coming star. He just needs a QB to throw him the damn ball and make it kinda close to him. Hopefully Ridder can do that or at least a good improvement over Mariota.

I don’t need him to start but to be an available option and a decent good match up option.

Pacheco may do a little better, but not a lot.

I have to admit, when I watched last night how Akers got the ball punched out while stumbling over his own feet, I could not suppress an evil chuckle… :smiling_imp:

Pacheco may do a little better, but not a lot.

I have to admit, when I watched last night how Akers got the ball punched out while stumbling over his own feet, I could not suppress an evil chuckle… :smiling_imp:

I do hate you, ya know. :slight_smile:

You will be happy to know that I cannot really use the 4th I got from you as it will be used to keep Swift unless I trade it or Swift.

1 Like