A Few Week 15 Decisions

I only play in 2 leagues this week, but still have many tricky decisions to make and would love to hear your opinion. All half-PPR.

QB:

Josh Allen or Justin Fields?
Fields is playing the Eagles :worried:, Allen may play a snow game vs Miami. :cold_face:

Justin Fields or Geno Smith or Tyler Huntley?
Fields still plays the Eagles. Geno the Niners, which isnā€™t much better. And Huntley is medically cleared and has a nice matchup in Cleveland.

RB:

Josh Jacobs or Najee Harris?
Jacobs is still questionable and has a terrible matchup vs the Pats.
Najee has been terrible all season, but looked a little better recently, and has a nice matchup in Carolina.

Please rank:
Travis Etienne (vs Dallas), Zeke (at Jacksonville), Zonovan Knight (vs Detroit), Najee Harris (at Carolina), Rachaad White (vs Cinci), Cam Akers (at Green Bay).

WR:

Please rank:
Brandon Aiyuk (at Seattle, with Brock Purdy as QB), Zay Jones (vs Dallas), Gabe Davis (vs Miami, potential snow game), George Pickens (at Carolina)

TE:

Chig Okonkwo or Dallas Goedert?
Goedert looks like he will be activated off IR in time for the game vs the Bears.
Okonkwo is on a hot streak that could continue against the Chargers, especially if Treylon Burks misses another week.

I donā€™t think I had so many close decisions to make all seasonā€¦ :exploding_head:

Allen. Miamiā€™s defense has been QB-friendly, and Allen is playing at home, snow or not.

Huntley is tempting here, mainly because Cleveland is bad against the run, and Huntley is a dual-threat QB. But Lamar Jackson was only able to get 10 points against Cleveland earlier this year, sooooā€¦ On the other hand, Fields is also dual threat, and is simply a better QB. I would start Fields against most teams, although I admit the Eagles upside for opposing QBā€™s was Daniel Jones, when he got 19 points.

Advantage: Fields.

You do realize nobody knows Belichickā€™s defense better than Josh McDaniels? McDaniels even beat the Patriots back when he was with Denver. Iā€™d toss the stats out the window for this one. If Jacobs is playing, heā€™s starting here.

1. Zeke: This is all about a td-dependent floor, but what a floor it is! Zeke has scored at least 1 td in his last 6 games, with 2 tdā€™s twice. Jacksonvilleā€™s defense hasnā€™t been great against the run, so donā€™t expect them to be able to stop Zeke if Dallas even sniffs the goal line.
  2. Najee: The matchup on paper looks solidly in Najeeā€™s favor. But keep in mind, Carolinaā€™s numbers are hugely skewed by the 53 point game which Joe Mixon put up against them. The rest of the season, their defense was mostly mediocre. Still, Najee doesnā€™t look too bad here, and should give a good floor.
  3. Etienne: just a tough matchup against Dallas, although Dallas has been gashed before. With Philly on the schedule for Christmas, could Dallas be caught in this trap game? Maybe.
  4. White: While he is solid, heā€™s sharing touches with Fournette. That knocks him down the list as his upside is limited in a pass-heavy offense.
  5. Akers: He still hasnā€™t put up big yardage numbers, and is very td-dependent. If Green Bay gets a lead on the Rams, it might be lights out for Akers, short of a fall into the end zone in garbage time.
  6. Knight: Detroit hasnā€™t given up double digit points to any RB since week 7.

Iā€™m gonna pass on this question, since Iā€™d have ranked Aiyuk highly, and been wrong.

If Goedert plays, Goedert starts. Okonkwu has had one really big game. He needs more than that before I hand him the keys to my offense.

1 Like

Josh Allen or Justin Fields?
Fields is playing the Eagles :worried:, Allen may play a snow game vs Miami. :cold_face:

J. Allen all day long, in a snow play he will run alot more than throwing the ball :star_struck:

Justin Fields or Geno Smith or Tyler Huntley?
Fields still plays the Eagles. Geno the Niners, which isnā€™t much better. And Huntley is medically cleared and has a nice matchup in Cleveland.

if i answered you yesterday, I would say Geno, cause I love him. but now I would say Huntley.

Josh Jacobs or Najee Harris?
Jacobs is still questionable and has a terrible matchup vs the Pats.
Najee has been terrible all season, but looked a little better recently, and has a nice matchup in Carolina.

i would go with Jacobs. the workload is tremendous and if the run isnt working, than he gets the ball thru the air.

first best: Zonovan Bam Knight, Zeke, Akers, White, Harris, Etienne

WR Rank:
first best: :face_vomiting: Jones, Davis, Pickens (for Aiyuk too late)

Chig Okonkwo or Dallas Goedert?
Goedert looks like he will be activated off IR in time for the game vs the Bears.
Okonkwo is on a hot streak that could continue against the Chargers, especially if Treylon Burks misses another week.

Okonkwo over the comebacker Goedert (Bears are not TE friendly), especially if Burks is out again.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, guys. :+1:

Sadly, so did Iā€¦ :person_facepalming:

True that.

While having started Aiyuk in one league, at least I kept Geno on the bench in the other. I need to bet on upside in that game, as Iā€™m the underdog. So Iā€™ll keep the 2 QBs that play the #1 and #2 defense benched and gamble on Huntley.

I lean that way, too. We donā€™t know if Goedert will be at 100% right out of the gate. If he does, though, he will be a safe start.

Yes, on paper the Bears look strong against TEs. But they played only 1 strong TE all season. Kittle was injured in their week 1 match vs the Niners (the one in torrential rain, where nothing worked through the air anyway). Pitts got injured during their week 11 matchup vs Atlanta. The only notable TE that played a full game was Dalton Schultz, and he scored double-digit points without scoring a TD.

Howeverā€¦

Okonkwu has seen his involvement increase steadily over the last few weeks. So this was not a random breakout game, but a logical consequence of his recent development. Without a TD, his floor is around 7-8 points, which is pretty good for a TE. Goedertā€™s is only marginally higher. His upside may be better, though.

1 Like

Iā€™m not going to get involved as I have no interest in trying to get inside your head. I believe you will do just fine for me on your own.

Aiyuk was a good start. :slight_smile:

Start your studs wherever you can

QB: Allen
Fields over Huntley

RB: Canā€™t bench Jacobs nowā€¦

Travis Etienne, Zeke, Bam Knight, Cam Akers, Najee Harris, Rachaad White.

(would have preferred to play Knight over all of these RBs but with Mike white ruled out and Det Run D better off lateā€¦tempering expectations)

WR: Z Jones, Davis, Pickens

TE: Okonkwo (Burks not practicing yet)

2 Likes

Thanks, feels good to be trusted. :sweat_smile:

(And of course, I am fully aware that you are not sharing any advice because you have no idea whom to start yourself. :stuck_out_tongue: )

We thought weā€™d give you a little head start. Merry Christmas from Brandon and meā€¦ :no_mouth:

1 Like

LOL. I do know who I will be starting but having a bit of fun in allowing you and Ed an apparent chance to get inside my head.

Youā€™re Welcome.

1 Like

2 Likes

Would I lie to a fellow poster who I consider a forum friend and I am playing this week? HELL YEAH!!! LOL

1 Like

Hey, every advice I gave you was honest! From ā€œoh yeah, thatā€™s a tuff decision indeedā€ to ā€œif you bench Akers and then he goes off, youā€™ll never hear the end of itā€ - all 100% true, with a lifetime guarantee from Honest Zakā€™s Pre-Owned Fantasy Advice (est. 2019). :innocent:

2 Likes

Sure you are not a used car salesman?

I used to be. Good timesā€¦

LOL! Iā€™m just getting a message from FP:

Youā€™ve replied to @SoBe717 3 times, did you know you could send them a personal message instead?

Is that their way of saying ā€œget a room, you twoā€? :joy:

2 Likes

Kris, this is the time of year when your studs need a critical review. Maybe they helped get you in the playoffs with their early season work, but what have they done for you lately? In looking over some of the studs on several of my teams, I saw several weeks of sub-par performances. It could be due to injuries, or just an older player starting to wear down under the punishment of a full season. Whatever the reason, studs shouldnā€™t just be assumed to be studs always, unless they are constantly proving it (i.e. Jalen Hurts).

Oh absolutelyā€¦I have Josh Jacobs in what could be a very tough matchup but I cant bench him!
Thatā€™s why I said start studs wherever you canā€¦Now Pittman is not a stud but I have to play matchup and start himā€¦

Also, it depends on the other options you have tooā€¦

2 Likes