Williams & London for Kirk & Cooks?

I’m being offered Mike Williams and Drake London for Christian Kirk and Brandin Cooks. Should I take that deal? (Standard scoring.)

1 Like

Welcome aboard!

This is a wash deal. A totally even deal, with no real benefit for either side. If you are making it as a fan of one of the players on the other side, ok. Otherwise, there’s nothing to be gained here.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m intrigued by London but have had more than my share of Big Mike in past years and find it hard to trust him. I initially offered Cooks for London straight up and got this offer in return.

1 Like

Nothing to lose. If you want it, go for it.

1 Like

In standard scoring, that deal is slightly in your favor. Take it.

1 Like

He just withdrew the deal and offered me simply Williams for Kirk. FantasyPros likes that trade, but I’m not sure that I do. Am I being unreasonably mistrustful of Mike?

In PPR, I wouldn’t take it, because I think Kirk will get more targets. But in standard, it’s not a BAD deal–as Kirk has less of the red zone target share than Williams. You have to think the Chargers’ offense is going to be at least as good as the Jags’ offense, so there will be more red zone opportunities, too. And in standard scoring, next to TDs is yardage, and Williams has a significantly greater Average Depth of Target than Kirk (12.85 to 8.48), so he can post more yardage on fewer catches.

With Herbert hurting, it might take a few weeks to see an appreciable difference, but in standard scoring, I’d say Williams will outscore Kirk on the season.

1 Like

Thank you, that’s really helpful. I hadn’t thought about the RZ targets.

Kirk has 3 td’s this season, all in the last 2 weeks. Williams only has 2 td’s. Advantage: Kirk.

1 Like

True too! (I haven’t brought myself to pull the trigger on this trade, because Mike Williams is just too aggravating.) I’m here as a result of a zero-WR draft strategy that’s left me with a gaggle of low-end WR2s and WR3s–Cook, Kirk, Cooper, and Smith-Schuster. I also drafted Dotson and later picked up Burks off waivers. Kirk has been the pleasant surprise so far, but I still have nothing close to a WR1…

I would have taken the first offer, not the second. Kirk is the #1 WR for Lawrence who is coming on but maybe not his week.

Williams is #1 for now but Allen will be back soon.

1 Like