Taysom hill or hockenson this week

Tough one this week so thin at rb have no one picked up hubbard and he might not play now because of injury…have herbert and ekeler out so picked up daniel jones…thinking maybe taysom to start since a better fit for a more boom amount of points to make up for lack of running back…hockenson has a good matchup against the dolphins too though

1 Like

Hockenson is a bit better but Hill can go off and is better for you this week.

I’m starting Hill everywhere I have him.

But seriously, let’s look at both of them.

Here are Hockenson’s half PPR totals this season: 6, 4, 9, 36, 1, and 7.
Here are Hill’s half PPR totals this season: 14, 1, 8, 34, 4, and 9.

Dropping their high and low scores, Hill has an 8.75 average, and Hockenson has a 6.5 average. Advantage: Hill.

True good point didn’t think about averaging out their scores makes sense though

1 Like

I just caught the CBS fantasy trio, who I respect, saying Juwan Johnson could have a good game as the Saints TE and Hill might score on a run. FWIW

1 Like

If Hill scores a TD, he’s instantly better than most TE’s.

So, you know he’s a second TE in NO. It was news to me.

1 Like

They play Hill all over the place. He’s more of a gadget player than TE.

As a “gadget player” you can’t really compare averages as you don’t even know how much he may play. He is more like a hit or miss wild card.

1 Like

Of course. But most TE’s floor isn’t much above his. Take a chance on the upside.

Losing 5-6 points because you started Hill over another TE likely won’t kill your week. But when he blows up, he could win your week. I’ll take my chances, especially on a TE, where the floor is too low.

edmcgonRegular

28m

Of course. But most TE’s floor isn’t much above his. Take a chance on the upside.

Losing 5-6 points because you started Hill over another TE likely won’t kill your week. But when he blows up, he could win your week. I’ll take my chances, especially on a TE, where the floor is too low.

I completely disagree, 5-6 points is a very big difference. It is the reason Kelce has has been a 1st/top 2nd round pick for years, to have that advantage. I cannot see taking a blind shot as making sense no matter how you wish to try and spin it.

1 Like

Excuse me, we aren’t comparing Kelce and Hill. Stay on topic.

I am comparing them as it shows the same almost the same point differential you state does not matter. IT DOES.

The problem with bringing Kelce into the conversation is upside. Hill versus other TE’s is about upside, as well as average performance. Kelce is a different kind of TE entirely, one whose every week shows upside.

Not comparing the player but the points you say do not matter.