RB waiver options

Should I prioritize Jamaal Williams or Khalil Herbert to pick up this week? Khalil seems to be the better pure player and chicago looks to be a lot more run heavy, but there’s talk that swift might sit out the next two weeks for the bye and montgomery seems more likely to return.

1 Like

Is this redraft or dynasty? In redraft, I have to go with Williams for the short term. But for dynasty, gotta love Herbert. The guy has some serious talent.

2 Likes

I’d probably go with Herbert, but who are you dropping?

Darrel Henderson, tried shipping him off but no one’s biting unfortunately, redraft league 10 man ppr

1 Like

At this point, you are trading second string rb’s. I’d stop and look at talent and surrounding offense.

While the Rams have the best surrounding offense, they also tend to be pass-first. Not conducive to rb production, unless you have an excellent receiving back. Henderson doesn’t check the boxes. This doesn’t even consider how Cam Akers is a suddenly back in the spotlight.

On the talent end of the spectrum, Herbert owns it. But he plays for arguably the worst surrounding offense in Chicago. After Fields and Mooney, it becomes a desert wasteland of talent. Even worse, David Montgomery might come back and own touches.

In-between is Jamaal Williams, on what has become a high-powered Detroit offense. While D’andre Swift is “the man” there, Williams does get enough touches in a secondary role to make him a “light” flex play. When Swift is out, like now, Williams suddenly becomes a contender for RB1 (or high end RB2) status.

Williams seems to be the safest play of all, but not without risk. Herbert is the high ceiling play. I’d avoid the Rams for now, mainly because there’s no telling what they want to do.