Latest Dynasty Trade: Dalton Schultz

Check this trade out.

I get:

1. TE Dalton Schultz: The #4 TE in PPR
  2. A low 1rst round pick

I give:

1. TE Jonnu Smith: Hugely underperforming, and still the best TE on my roster.
  2. WR Brandon Aiyuk: Also underperforming, not even sure what his issue is.
  3. RB Cam Akers: Done for the year on IR. When he returns next year, will he get his job back from Darrell Henderson? Who knows? Lots of questions here.
  4. A low 3rd round pick.

My view: This deal gets me TE production, while giving up a lot of question marks on my roster. In addition, it gets me an added 1rst round pick. Since my team is 0-6, I am in rebuilding mode, and all first round picks are needed. Giving up a 3rd round pick is no biggie, since those tend to be lottery tickets at best.

1 Like

I should add that this team won in points for QB, RB, WR, and yet lost in points in TE and K. And still lost this week. The only player I am giving up that I started was Jonnu.

Great trade! I’d accept it without hesitation. The only real asset you’re giving up here is Akers, and as you said, it’s one with a big question mark for next year.

With a second 1st round pick, maybe you’ll be able to trade up for one of the top 3 picks and get a top RB prospect in next year’s draft.

As for Jonnu - I’m a big believer myself, but also replaced him with Schultz a few weeks ago. I still have him on my bench, but if something interesting shows up on the waiver wire, I may even drop him. Got Freiermuth on TAXI, and he’s looking a lot more appealing for years to come.

1 Like