Godwin/Thomas Trade Question

I am in an 8 team keepers league. We have a 24 man roster with defensive players and all. I’ve been offered a trade. I get Michael Thomas and
a 2nd round pick next year. I’m giving up Chris Godwin and a 6th round pick.

1 Like

Two older receivers, but you get a 2nd rounder for a 6th rounder? I am tempted to take the deal.

Godwin will be 26 at the start of next season, but he is coming off a knee surgery too. Thomas is 2 years older, and a pain in the butt, but he has displayed seasons of brilliance. Both guys carry baggage into next year.

But the draft picks are the big difference here. You can draft a good young WR in the second round, if necessary.

1 Like

I like Godwin a lot better than Thomas. If the Bucs resign Godwin and Brady plays for another year (I expect both), Godwin will have WR1 potential. And 26 isn’t old for an WR.

But swapping a 6th for a 2nd certainly is a fair compensation. Unless the trade will leave you empty on WR (Thomas isn’t a safe asset), I’d consider accepting the trade.

It is when you’re coming off knee surgery. Godwin and Thomas are looking more alike than not. I’ll take that 2nd rounder for a 6th rounder in this consideration.

1 Like

The deal is certainly fine. And Godwin will be a WR1 only if the Bucs bring him back, Brady keeps playing, and they don’t get anybody else on WR. That’s a lot of "if"s, and especially the last box will probably go unchecked.

1 Like