Fantasy News and Notes Week 6

A place to post and share any fantasy tid bits you run across for discussion.

Dolphins QB Tua practiced yesterday. Ca och says no time table on return, we just want to first get through this week. I think there is a fair chance Tua will be starting next week.

First BYE week of the season, and it really hits me hard in the South Beach league. With Amon-Ra, Jacobs and Henry on BYE, and Keenan Allen and Rashod Bateman being questionable, I may be forced to start Elijah Moore and Brandon Aiyuk. :cold_face:

I don’t have a RB projected for 10 points and Akers has the best match up.

At least you do not have these byes when we play. :slight_smile:

Pats RB Stevenson is ranked #9. A few of us projected him to be VG in a preseason debate and he appears to be delivering.

Never know what Pats coach Mr, Bill will do but can’t see him falling out of #1.

Unless Damien Harris plays. He made a miracle turn from “will likely miss several weeks” to “was a limited participant at wednesday’s practice” within 24 hours, so who knows.

1 Like

By all reports, this is the last week Hollywood Brown has before Hopkins returns.

How badly will this hurt his production? What is Hopkins worth on waivers?

Dak looks set to return for week 7. Where do you rank him? How much does he help Cowboy receivers?

I think the more pressing question is: how much of his old volume will D-Hop be able to retain? Could be less than we think. I wouldn’t go overboard to claim him off waivers.

If his week 1 production is the new standard, the Cowboys would be well advised to keep starting Cooper Rush.

1 Like

Travis Etienne
: Last week Etienne continued his takeover of this backfield. His snap share increased for the fourth consecutive week. He’s now out-snapped Robinson in back-to-back weeks. Over the last four weeks, he has averaged 12.3 touches and 68.5 total yards. He’s finished as a top-30 running back in three of his last four games (RB30, RB28, RB56, RB22). Since Week 3, Etienne is 26th in yards after contact per attempt, 18th in breakaway rate, and 22nd in PFF’s elusive rating (minimum 15 carries). His 9.2% target share (15th in yards per route run) will come in handy this week. The Colts are a putrid matchup for backs in the rushing department, ranking top-seven in rushing success rate (seventh), explosive run rate (second), and every adjusted line yard metric I value. Indy has, however, played poorly against running backs in the passing game. They are 23rd in DVOA with the seventh-most receptions, fourth-most receiving yards, and seventh-highest yards per reception. Etienne is an RB3 with RB2 upside.

James Robinson: Robinson’s slide continues as his snap share has dropped from 61.8% to 43.1% over the last four games. He’s finished outside the top 48 running backs (RB58, RB50) in back-to-back weeks. His efficiency continues to crater as his yards after contact per attempt has fallen every game since Week 2. He hasn’t recorded a run of 10-plus yards since Week 3. The only role that Robinson still holds over Etienne is the red zone work. Since Week 3, he’s averaged 13.4 touches and 61.3 total yards. With a bad rushing matchup upcoming and a declining pass game role, Robinson is a touchdown-or-bust RB3.
from Derek Brown

Etienne appears to be coming on. For me it cannot happen soon enough. I drafted him in the 4th over Hall to be my RB 2.

Rams announce Cam Akers did not practice and will not play Sunday while they work things out.

My trades keep getting better, LOL

Cam Akers (personal) ominously ruled out by McVay

Rams coach Sean McVay said Cam Akers (personal) will not play in Week 6 against the Panthers.

Advice: There’s also this from Jourdan Rodrigue: “McVay says team is working through the situation, and he also declined to say whether he believes Akers will be a part of the team in the future.” Wowza. Darrell Henderson will probably lead a committee and regain a lot of his fantasy value this week, and potentially in the future as well if Akers is out for longer than this. NBCSportsEDGE.com Today, 2:27 pm

James Conner is out. Eno Benjamin could be a solid start this week.

Jameis Winston won’t start on Sunday, but will be active and might see the field later on. Which means neither him nor Andy Dalton are startable. Yay. They were pretty much my last resort in the SFLEX tournament, where every QB I touched died the fantasy death under my hands. My only active QB there is now PJ Walker. :crazy_face:

Tua is out, which is not a surprise. That means I will have to sit Jaylen Waddle as well. No problem. I have Jakobi Meyers… oh, hang on, he’s questionable, and a game time decision. :woozy_face:

Next man up in my 1QB SFLEX is Ben Skowronek. That actually gives me less headache than it probably should. With his performance last week, he leapfrogged Allen Robinson in targets this season.

In the South Beach league, where the bye week hits me hard, Meyers was my safety net. If he’s out, I may have to start Keenan Allen and pray he’ll be active for MNF. The other alternative would have been Rashod Bateman, but… he’s out.

Damien Harris, who was expected to miss several weeks, logged limited practices on Thursday and Friday and is only marked as questionable for Sunday’s game. That makes Rhamondre Stevenson a little less safe to start. I have both of them in my SFLEX dynasty, and would have preferred Rhamondre to have the backfield all for himself this week. I have a matchup against my main rival this week, whom I had (luckily) beaten in the final last year. We’re both projected identically, so I really need my A game in that league this week.

The lineups (mine vs. his):

QB1: Patrick Mahomes vs Josh Allen
QB2 (SFLEX): Justin Herbert vs Jalen Hurts
RB1: Austin Ekeler vs Najee Harris (thankfully, his Derrick Henry is on BYE)
RB2: Breece Hall vs Alvin Kamara
RB3 (FLEX): Rhamondre Stevenson vs AJ Dillon
WR1: Ja’Marr Chase vs Cooper Kupp
WR2: Gabe Davis vs Allen Lazard (I still might switch Davis, see below)
TE: Mark Andrews vs Travis Kelce
K: Wil Lutz vs Justin Tucker (my Daniel Carlson is on BYE)
D: Buffalo Bills vs Pittsburgh Steelers

My alternatives on WR are Amari Cooper, Diontae Johnson, George Pickens and Romeo Doubs. Jakobi Meyers is not an option, as he’s questionable. I’m tempted to start Doubs and hope that he will outperform his Lazard, but of course, that’s a risky gamble. So is Davis, though, who has close to no floor. But he has a good matchup.

Wish me luck - it’s my most important week in that league’s regular season. Clash of the Titans, if I may say so myself. We’re both projected at 160 points, the next best team is at 140.

1 Like

Higgens appears to have a high ankle sprain, same as St Brown, and expected to miss a couple weeks.