The rookie class of 2023 might not be a gold mine for dynasty leaguers, but it’s not without its charms.
We’re getting a crown-jewel RB prospect in Bijan Robinson, and there’s RB depth galore. After the Great QB Drought of 2022, there are some high-quality quarterback prospects joining the NFL this year. The TE crop is extraordinarily talented and deep.
On the other hand …
This WR class is thin compared to recent WR classes. There are probably only five QBs worth your attention. There aren’t many safe bets at RB after the top two or three guys.
I’m going to discuss six of the players I’m targeting in this year’s rookie drafts — my “must-haves” if you will. But I won’t classify any slam-dunk first-round picks as must-haves, because the first round of superflex drafts are basically a paint-by-numbers exercise.
- Bijan Robinson should be the 1.01.
- Picks 1.02 to 1.04 should be QBs: Anthony Richardson, Bryce Young and C.J. Stroud, in some order.
- Picks 1.05 and 1.06 are likely to be RB Jahmyr Gibbs and WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba.
- Picks 1.07 to 1.10 are likely to include WRs Jordan Addison, Quentin Johnston and Zay Flowers, and TE Dalton Kincaid.
- Picks 1.11 and 1.12 are typically some combination of QB Will Levis and RBs Zach Charbonnet and Devon Achane.
I agree with Firz here. I have the projected #5 pick in our league. likely Addison.
He is a very good player but does not have the value for a pick this high.
I plan on trying to move him.