2023 NFL Scouting Combine is Here

Here is all the info you need and likely more than you want on the combine. Ii looks like there may be some stars in attendance which adds a lot.

I will add reports but this is Ed’s deal.

We shall see who actually participates in this combine but I am reading tha Q Johnston will be. He is really rough and not expected to do much his first year
BUT, has FREAKISH talent and skills. I look forward to see what he can do.

1 Like

Not quite Calvin Johnson, but still darned good.

QUARTERBACK: BRYCE YOUNG, ALABAMA

HM: Stetson Bennett (Georgia), Anthony Richardson (Florida)

While we obviously expect Richardson to blow every other quarterback out of the water from a testing perspective, Young’s weigh-in will be the true must-see-TV event of the NFL combine. I mean, just look at him next to the 6-foot Drew Brees:

Not to mention that he may also come in under 200 pounds. The NFL hasn’t had a quarterback listed under 200 pounds take snaps since Seneca Wallace in 2013. Young may be an outlier from a size perspective, but he’s also an outlier from an on-field performance perspective.

RUNNING BACK: SEAN TUCKER, SYRACUSE

HM: Devon Achane (Texas A&M), Tyjae Spears (Tulane), Keaton Mitchell (ECU)

This running back class has some burners. Unsurprisingly, most of them weigh around 200 pounds or under — except Tucker. The junior is a rocked-up 5-foot-10 and 210 pounds, and he may very well break 4.4 seconds in the 40-yard dash. And if you believe the recruiting stories, Tucker may even break 4.3. That’s what he reportedly blazed at the Bowie State University football camp back in high school. Expect some eye-popping explosive numbers from the two-time 1,000-yard back.

WIDE RECEIVER: QUENTIN JOHNSTON, TCU

HM: Jalin Hyatt (Tennessee), Tyler Scott (Cincinnati), Tank Dell (Houston)

No receiver in the class does freakier things on tape than Johnston. The 6-foot-4, 215-pound TCU wideout is in the running for one of the most impressive athletes at the position I’ve scouted since PFF started grading college in 2014. His ability to stop and start at that size is rare.

While he’s far from a polished receiver, Johnston offers a ton to work with.

TIGHT END: MICHAEL MAYER, NOTRE DAME

HM: Darnell Washington (Georgia), Luke Musgrave (Oregon State)

While most are on here for their freakish tools, Mayer is here for his question marks. Specifically, his speed. Almost every impactful receiving tight end currently in the NFL ran a sub-4.7-second 40-yard dash before the draft. Mayer looks like he’ll be toeing that threshold next week. But then again, if he comes in at 265 pounds, which he was listed at for Notre Dame, speed will never be his game. While he produced a ton at Notre Dame, more of it came in contested situations than any of the other tight end in the class (17 catches for 218 yards)

Just a few guys to watch from PFF

1 Like

The “chosen one” in Robinson is going to go through all tests and drills with his pro day just three days later. He said he just wants the competition.

WOW! Wonder which player from days gone by has taken over his body. :slight_smile:

They shrunk Gibbs from 6 feet to 5’9"

1 Like

That’s “huge”!

Sorry, it had to be said. :grin:

1 Like