Where is Anyone?

Just got back and see all joined me in a week off. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm… Do I know you? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I should be soo lucky that you do not. :slight_smile: How goes the battle?

I had a fabulous trip, crazy to go from Miami to the Poconos in Pa for a winter vacation but it was close to perfect.

The lifetime event was crossing paths with an over 400 pound Black Bear.
I was told it is not rare and they very seldom attack humans. Do not run as they go 30 MPH, Do not climb a tree as that is where they bring cubs for safety and do not look them in the eyes. Just talk to let him know you’re human and back off slowly.

Hard stuff to remember when you are scared half to death. I did look him in the eyes prompting him to make a scary noise and posture to get up. I broke eye contact and to talk actually asked if Da Bears were his favorite team, temp insane. He sniffed , was OK and off on his merry way.

Next year is the Bahamas. lol

Week off? I thought it was a month off?

1 Like

Nice! :sweat_smile:

I had a similar experience with a gator a couple years back, in the Everglades. Went on a tour with a friend in his pickup, off the beaten paths. Saw a gator in a pond, perfect photo op. Got off the truck, shot a few really nice pics, when it slowly started moving towards me.

My friend had to remind me that we are not in a zoo, there is no fence, and yes, that beast had just chosen me from the lunch menu.

It’s surprising how quick these beasts can move. It wasn’t really a close call, but without the reminder from my friend, it might have turned into one. I kinda zone out when I have a camera in my hand. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

They scare the hell out of me and can run faster than any human at 30 mph on land.

1 Like

Cats rule! I’ve seen house cats stare down dogs easily 10 times their size. They are the Clint Eastwoods of the animal kingdom.

1 Like

There were more video with much bigger gators and even 2 involved but this was the best for me.

1 Like