Mock draft tool

I’m drafting 4th in a half PPR 10 team league this Sunday. I’m going to use this fantasy pro draft tool to sync with my espn league. I’ve done about 70 or so mocks and my average grade is 95% A.
Should I feel confident of a decent team? By the way, I usually either win or at least have best record in my league. Thanks and love your fanatasy tools

If a draft analyzer is liking your teams, you probably want to rethink your strategy. Approval of a draft analyzer is usually the kiss of death. It basically means that you were the best sheep in following the consensus player performance projections, which as we all know say very little about the end-of-the-year standings. Draft the best players, not the players that the experts say you “should” draft.

Did I mention I usually win or have the best record. In my league, and I’ve used the FP mock draft tool religiously the past few years? Maybe this year will be different, who knows at this point. I reach for players I think are worthy of a reach and look for sleepers that are not even suggested. But I still think it’s a great tool as a guideline for a successful draft. Of course, it all depends on who falls to you and ones ability to pivot. Just my contrarian POV to yours, take no offense :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

You did, and in my experience, that has more to do with how you managed your team from draft to playoffs during the season than it does with your draft, but then, I haven’t used any “premium” draft analyzer services–just the usual draft analyzers that say any team with 4 QBs had the best draft because they have the most projected points.

So maybe Fantasy Pros has a uniquely useful tool, or maybe you’re just the best manager in your league, I don’t know.

I once drafted a team from the free agents left over after all the other 9 teams had drafted their teams normally, with the compensation that I received the first waiver wire pick each week. I placed third in that league, but with 7 more points in the semifinals, I would have won the league. So winning is more about in-season management than the draft.

Fantasy Football Philosophy 101 Lesson #1: Your draft establishes your foundation, but your in-season team management is what takes you to the next level.

It is possible to win your league with your draft, although that takes some luck too. More often, you need some good in-season management to push your team to the next level.

So, back to the first question…

Answer: No, but that doesn’t mean your draft was bad. It only means you still have to manage the team to the end. Injuries, bye weeks, and weeks where your players face tough competition, among other things, will all force you to make decisions that will make-or-break your season.

In the immortal words of Han Solo, “Don’t get cocky, kid.”