Landing Spot- Gibbs

Who was taken before me?

If he’s still on the board when I draft at 2.01, I would definitely consider him. That means he has to become a top 20 overall player to justify his keeper costs, and that’s certainly on the horizon for him.

Dropping Najee and taking him in the 1st means he’d have to establish himself as a top 10 dynasty asset, and that’s where the air gets thin. I might end up in the same dilemma I’m already in with Najee: he’s too good to drop him, but not good enough to justify sacrificing a 1st.

1 Like

I take Robinson and Gibbs. Ed has the next pick followed by Zak.
Then, me again. The WR’s are ranked next.

I was curious as to who you two like before me.

1 Like

This is the keeper league, right?

Yes, it looks like keepers will take all other picks other than you and Zak I get the 5th actual pick.

1 Like

Tough call. Honestly I don’t have an answer. It’s too early to draft a rookie WR in this class. I may have to go RB.

True but there are no VG RBs left that I see.

1 Like

I may have to look at the veterans.

I know Tim is dropping Mixon and Conner may also be dropped. No clue as to what our German Mystery Mann is doing. :slight_smile:

Many had Njigba and Charbonnet top 5 but Seattle killed that.

FWIW hearing some good things on Cinci late pick RB Chase Brown who “could” take over for Mixon. May be worth a look in dynasty.

1 Like

Seriously? Chase Brown? A small UDFA RB from Illinois taking over for Mixon? Not likely.

He was drafted in the 5th and Mixon’s release saves a bunch of cap space.

1 Like

Maybe, but that doesn’t mean he can replace Mixon.

Last I checked, Zee DshörmĂ€n MĂŒsterie Mann has no clue himself yet.

I only have 3 players that I consider safe keepers at this point. 2 more that are likely. The rest is up in the air.

RBs who were picked later than round 3 are very unlikely to become fantasy relevant. Yes, last year’s #1 RB was a UDFA. But overall, only 5 of the top 20 RBs of 2023 were drafted in the 4th round or later. And that’s already more than in the years before.

2 Likes

Not surprising. At least I get to learn a bit of the German language which beats a blank for what was learned in all the prior exchanges. :slight_smile:

Blind stat which do not apply. How many were the best option to replace an old RB who their team wanted to move on from and get the cap savings?

Almighty Computer is not always the best option. Wanna play tic tack toe? lol

1 Like