Week 13 Flex - Help Needed

Half-PPR

I need one of the below for my second flex spot.
Tee Higgins vs LA Chargers
Sony Michel vs Jax (if Henderson is out)
Matt Breida vs NE
Boston Scott at NYJ

Thanks for the help!

Higgins is tempting after last week, until you realize the Chargers don’t give up much to WR’s. The Chargers defense is designed to force teams to run against them, and with Joe Mixon on fire lately, why wouldn’t they? But that means Higgins is an afterthought.

At this point, you need to pray Darrell Henderson is out and Michel gets the bulk of the workload. So far, Michel hasn’t done much splitting with Henderson, so Michel needs lots of touches to be fantasy relevant, even against the Jags.

If Henderson does play…

Boston Scott is questionable this week, so may as well avoid him.

Breida is one of those intriguing guys going against Belichik. He is only barely on the radar, so Belichik could scheme to spend more time on Josh Allen and the passing game. EXCEPT it is expected to be snowy and windy. Belichik could easily say, “Beat us with your passing game, I dare you!”, in which case Breida could get shut down, or…Breida has a big day with dump-off passes.

Long story short, Breida is a sneaky intriguing play here. There is a very low floor here, so don’t go into this expecting a monster game. But after Michel (assuming Henderson is out), Breida makes a decent second choice.

Thanks for the thorough breakdown. This is very helpful!
I read that Scott is supposed to play, so if Henderson is in, then I may then decide between Scott and Breida.
Thanks again.

1 Like