Weekly Fantasy Football Chat (7/19)

Haha I can’t say that I’ve ever played in a league like this but after thinking about it for a few minutes I’d probably keep Chubb until we know whether Wilson is actually good or not, if that makes sense

1 Like

How much FAAB $ should I spend on Kelce and should I nominate him or just wait for someone else? We have a 10 team PPR league with $200 FAAB for auction draft.

I’m a believer that outliers swing fantasy leagues (look at Mahomes in 2018, for example). Mahomes wound up being special. Is Pitts that special? He very well could be. I don’t think anyone will be able to tell you definitively one way or the other. All we know for sure is that the history of rookie tight ends is nearly nonexistent from a fantasy perspective.

The top of the 5th still comes with a lot of opportunity cost being given up, and he’s far less of a sure thing than taking Kelce/Waller/Kittle at their current ADPs. I’d rather draft one of the big 3 at ADP than Pitts, and if I miss out in this case I’m okay with it. But if he’s your guy and you believe, it isn’t the craziest idea I’ve ever heard.

1 Like

I don’t think it necessarily matters if you nominate him or not. If you want him, though, then maybe try and put out other star players first, so that folks spend a lot of money and might be less inclined to bid on Kelce. I’d value him right in line with Henry, Chubb, Ekeler, Diggs, Tyreek types

Awesome. Thank you for the deep dive. I’ve been racking my brain over this

1 Like

Thanks for your awnser to my first question.

A second if you’ve got the time
which side of this trade would you take (big rosters idp 2 qb superflex dynasty)
Josh Allen and Joe Mixon or Baker Mayfield and J Taylor
Thanks

The SuperFlex aspect makes it Allen/Mixon rather easily, which pains me as a JT fan!

2 Likes

I’m staying away, unless it’s a bargain basement deal. Even if he’s back to say…90%. You think it’ll be with the Rams? I don’t. Now we’d be counting on him landing in a good RB situation on a good team. I’m not betting on that.

Is Keenan Allen worth a second round pick in a ppr keeper league

I have just joined a keeper league. Here is a list of players I can keep, can keep up to 3 players, have 5th pick overall. Please give ur thoughts.

I have 3 choices for my keeper league I can’t decide on. Would you keep:
Keenan Allen for a 4th
David Montgomery for a 6th
Orrrrr
Jalen Hurts for my last round pick.

Ridley, and it’s not even close… come the season, Ridley will have worked his into the 1/2 turn in ppr leagues, while Swift may be looking at a50/50 timeshare with Jamaal Williams… To get Ridley at a5th round value is a steal

Hey Pros what’s up!
1st time in a 14 man PPR league. 6pt passing TD.
Any strategies you’d suggest?
I’ve mocked quite a few times and players go so quickly compared to a 12 man ppr

I agree… Ridley will be the #1 target on his team. Swift plays on a rebuilding team and could share the backfield with Jamaal Williams.

Where does Aiyuk rank for you? Is he someone that we should feel to target to have as our WR3 or would you rather have someone like Corey Davis as a bench/sub guy

You’re going to get a lot of answers saying Allen… But that’s Allen’s face value… Hurts has a single digit adp and you get him for free, or you can take Montgomery at a discount…

1 Like

I’d go with Ridley too and scoop another stud rb in the early rounds

I may be crazy here but I’m really leaning towards Hurts… if he balls out like I think he might I can keep him for practically nothing for years to come… I’m not the biggest believer in Monty and Keenan Allen will be there to draft in the 3rd/4th round.
Thank you I think I’ve made my decision!

I typically like to grab at least two anchor RBs in the first few rounds as there is such a drop off in production once you get past the Top 20 or so. In a 14-person league, I also like grabbing one of the Top 5 QBs (Mahomes, Allen, Lamar, Murray, Dak) as it helps differentiate your team from the rest of the field. Also, if you have a late draft spot, targeting Kelce or Waller near the end of the first half of the first round or at the turn will also give you a distinct advantage at the position. If not, wait and draft an upside TE like TJ Hockenson in the fourth or Goedert in the sixth. The WR position is so deep this year, there are values later in drafts.

3 Likes

Here’s the thing. Players like Gibson, Taylor, either Henry or cmc, Gaskin, Dobbins, chubb, and maybe Barkley will all be kept before we get to draft