Needing a better understanding when it comes to pros and cons with stacking players

PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND THIS… NEEDING SOME FRIENDLY ADVICE!

I don’t think I am to sure how ( Stacking Players ) work.

I have Hurts at my QB I have Goedert at my TE is this stacking? What is the advantage of that? What are the pro’s and con’s?

The follow up question, If I were to take advantage of the “stacking strategy” Keep Goedert for flex, and Hurts as my QB, it was recommended that to Pick up the Kicker from the Eagles. Jake Elliot, wouldnt that be to much? Or would it be to risky?

I also have the choice to put in Lutz against Cinci… Can someone give me their thoughts?

With a QB/TE combo, and even a QB/TE/K combo, you’re not going to see a whole lot of positive returns or negative effects. Just like with a QB/WR combo, you’re going to add to your weekly volatility because the QB/TE combo’s scoring is also positively correlated–but TEs typically just don’t score enough to really benefit (or suffer) from it.

I appreciate the input.
However, in this situation, where Dallas this year has been great with the QB and they will be all over Hurts and he and Goedert have something going on already. Goedert is always good with the conversion after the catch. Regardless does it and or will it help my situation? And am I okay to leave the eagles kicker or should I go with lutz against cinci?

Brandon S.

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path & leave a trail.”

I have a similar situation, sans kicker. I’m stacking Hurts with AJ and Goedert and i’m happy to do so. Sure, there is the risk that the Cowboys shut down Hurts and thus hurt the ceiling value of AJ and Goedert but I’m willing to bet that doesn’t happen.

I also look at it this way, I purposefully invested heavily in Philly’s offense during my draft. I coveted the QB1/WR1 stack. Both players have generally performed at the 1 level (AJ last week was an outlier i hope). Same thing applies to Hurts/Goedert. So why take them off the field?

As for the kicker? I’m banking on this being a high scoring game, the O/U is at 42 and 63% of bettors are taking the over per Betting Pros. I wouldnt have a problem starting Philly’s kicker, he should have many opportunities to score.

I hope this helps!

This helps a ton!!! Thank you! I’m putting the kicker in! I appreciate ya

Brandon S.

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path & leave a trail.”