Lions WR Jameson Williams

Lions WR Jameson Williams ramping up in ACL rehab

Lions coach Dan Campbell said Jameson Williams’ (ACL) rehab has been picking up the past three weeks.

Advice: Campbell noted that Williams wouldn’t be ready until after the team’s Week 6 bye. We’re still a long way out from seeing the rookie take the field for the first time, but his ACL recovery has been setback-free so far. In his absence, the Lions’ offense has been firing on all cylinders. Once Williams is active and up to speed, he could be a weekly fantasy contributor. NBCSportsEDGE.com Yesterday, 2:05 pm

Tis kid wad the top rated WR in the draft before injury. If available, get him he can be special.

1 Like

There is a downside here. With all the weapons in Detroit’s offense, whose targets will go to Williams? I am sure he will get some, but how many, and from whom? St. Brown? Chark? Hockenson? Swift? All of the above?

One thing for sure, Jared Goff is feasting at this buffet.

I can easily see him replacing Chark.

1 Like

So Williams can take 18 targets over 3 games? I hope he is mighty efficient! 6 targets per game isn’t Cooper Kupp territory…

From film I have watched this kid has skills better than London or Wilson.

1 Like

Yes, but Wilson is close talent-wise without the injury history.

edmcgonRegular

13h

Yes, but Wilson is close talent-wise without the injury history.

He is and I believe London is best overall. However, he comes into a VG situation in Detroit where he could be the forgotten WR with little coverage. We shall see.

1 Like

Only one ball to throw around, and a lot of receivers. There’s a lot of targets for catches there.

As with the Jets but he has a productive GB and O scheme. Sounds crazy and cannot believe I am saying this but the Lions “could” become like the Bengals receivers.

I think Jameson Williams will become a mighty fine NFL receiver.

Not necessarily this year, though. The Lions are well advised to ease their new asset into action, and unless Amon-Ra remains limited, they don’t have an immediate problem at receiver.

In other words: dynasty = gimme!, redraft = pass.

ZakHHRegular

6m

I think Jameson Williams will become a mighty fine NFL receiver.

Not necessarily this year, though. The Lions are well advised to ease their new asset into action, and unless Amon-Ra remains limited, they don’t have an immediate problem at receiver.
In other words: dynasty = gimme!, redraft = pass.

Likely true but this is a hybrid keeper and very happy to have him. He has the talent to go off early, especially with the anticipated coverage I see coming and this would be a bonus.