John Metchie and the Houston Texans WR's

Are the Houston Texans the most snakebit franchise? This is the latest news about their rookie WR John Metchie:

“Recently I was diagnosed with APL (Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia), the most curable form of Leukemia. I am currently receiving great medical care, am in good spirits and I expect to make a recovery at a later point in time. As a result of this diagnosis, I will likely not be playing football this season. My main focus will be on my health and recovery. Thank you in advance for your support and well-wishes. I cannot wait to come back stronger than ever. God Bless.”
-John Metchie III

While my heart goes out to him, fantasy football must go on.

The main beneficiary of this news might be Nico Collins, who has had a good spring training camp. While Brandin Cooks is easily a WR2 here (with WR1 upside), Collins could be a sneaky overall WR3 or 4.

If Nico Collins fulfill the expectations, ha has the potential to be a X-reciever and also Texans may suddenly have 2 good WR that can operate anywhere on the field. And I think Mills is capable of supporting 2 WRs. Also Brandin Cooks can get traded anytime during season to a WR-needy contender. And ofcourse it Cooks, nothing special for him get traded :slight_smile: Nico is Huge sleeper…

1 Like

Welcome aboard!

My question is what is Nico Collins real upside? I foresee him as a WR3 or WR4, but could it be in the WR2 range? That would be a huge leap from what he is expected to do. Or am I underrating him?

I can see Cooks slipping into the WR1 conversation, if Houston ends up throwing a lot. I have a hard time picturing Nico reaching that height.