Elijah Moore to the Browns?

I am kind of torn on this move. Admittedly, Moore seemed like a prima donna last year, but that was after a year of the Jets singing his praises. So which Elijah is it?

Even if you assume he is better than the drama queen stories, how does that work in Cleveland? I’m still not sold that Kevin Stefanski knows how to throw the ball.

This is one of those trades where there are more questions than answers. If you have Moore, I’d just hold him for now. If you don’t have Moore, I’d avoid him. If you’re in a draft, Moore might be worth a later round pick.

I understood his frustration. He saw 4 or less targets in 11 of 16 games he played. If you are talented, but your QB simply ignores you, the best you can do is moving on.

Moore is a great complement to Amari Cooper in Cleveland. His stock just went up.

1 Like

The Browns had 540 pass attempts last season. The Jets had 627. Explain how going to a team with 87 fewer pass attempts increases his stock?

1 Like

Easy: by increasing his target share.

Moore saw 65 targets in 2022. That’s an 8.7% share.

If he can establish a modest 15% share with the Browns, he will see 81 targets, even if the Browns remain at only 540 attempts.

In 2022, Donovan Peoples-Jones was the #2 target for the Browns and saw 96 targets. Even David Njoku at #3 saw more targets (80) than Moore did as the #3 for the Jets (65).

1 Like

Jets appear to have questions on who gets what in targets from the Chosen One.
Eli is in a better situation and I think he will do well.

1 Like

And they are still considering adding OBJ. Exactly when do they plan to run the ball?

Who says they are? They lost one of their RBBC guys to free agency. And they have a QB who can throw the ball and who’ll be fully available this year.

I would expect them to be more pass-happy in 2023.

Thinking Hall’s value goes down?

My comment referred to the Browns, not the Jets.

Hall will not be at 100% to start the season. I see him as a low-end RB1 in 2023, which would mean his value won’t be the same as in 2022. He will bounce back, though. Maybe even in time for the fantasy playoffs. Definitely a hold / buy-low candidate.

ZakHHRegular

5h

Who says they are? They lost one of their RBBC guys to free agency. And they have a QB who can throw the ball and who’ll be fully available this year.

I would expect them to be more pass-happy in 2023.

I must have misunderstood. I really need to watch that Reading & Comprehension 101 video. :slight_smile: