Drop for Tannehill for Cousins?

In a 12-team league .5 point PPR would you drop Tannehill for Cousins? Carr? Bridgewater? I’m stashing Trey Lance for late season upside.

No, I’d drop the QB who isn’t starting and just eating up space on your bench.

If I was silly enough to carry 2 QBs in the first place, that is…

Not silly. Lance is a high ceiling stash with a favorable late season schedule. Fantasy experts recommended drafting him late and not as the only QB. If he turns out to be rookie DeShaun Watson, he’s worth it. Tannehill has a new OC and Cousins is having a better year so far and doesn’t not have a difficult schedule.

Silly.

Lance is a guy who played ONE (1) season of college football–TWO years ago–and averaged 178 yards passing per game against FCS competition. There is literally no way that he will be ready to read and react to NFL defenses in 2021–and there’s no reason to carry 2 QBs in a 12 team, single QB league, even if the 2nd one was usable.

And it’s even more silly to listen to “experts” when you have Axe Elf.

Now THAT is silly!

Important question: Dynasty or redraft?

In a redraft league, I’m not sure Lance is worth stashing. Even if he starts later this season, he will go through the traditional growing pains all rookie QB’s not named “Herbert” usually have.

On the other hand, you can dump Lance for Carr, who is leading the league in passing yards. Why wait for a “maybe” when you already have a “yes”?

And keep Tannehill. He will see better days. Ignore the Elf. Even in single QB leagues, it’s a good idea to carry a spare if you have the bench spots to afford it. There are bye weeks and injuries.

1 Like

It is re-draft, edmcgon. Thanks! I’m weary of Carr. He’s burned me before.

I’ve had Carr for 2 years now in a dynasty league. He’s been mostly consistent. In a redraft league last year, I even streamed him over Lamar Jackson and he paid off.

1 Like