Deep Roster Questions

Should I drop some of my bench guys like Marlon Mack or Laviska Shenault for a potential rookie like Tyquan Thornton, Matt Corral (stash on my IR), Khalil Shakir, Pierre Strong or someone with higher potential upside like Corey Davis, Curtis Samuel, Zay Jones or Isaiah Mckenzie?

I just can’t imagine ever starting either of those guys.

I’d swap Shenault for Samuel, but I’d wait and see on Mack; he’s a two-time 1000 yard rusher, if his Achilles injury has healed.

Axel, you really need to learn to recognize your injury risks. Let’s look at Marlon Mack’s career:

2017: played in 14 games, none started.
2018: played in 12 games, 10 started.
2019: played in 14 games, 12 started.
2020: played 1 game, 1 started.
2021: played in 6 games, none started.

Marlon “Jimmie” Mack ain’t coming back! Stick a fork in that turkey.

It’s only a matter of time until Dameon Pierce owns the Texans backfield. The only reason to keep Mack would be as a handcuff for Pierce, but do you really want a Texans handcuff? I think not.

@ryanevenson , I assume this is either a keeper league or dynasty? If so, go with the rookies.

Spoken like a guy who drafts Dameon Pierce in the 6th round of every mock he does–and then is proud enough of it to post the results publicly!

So adjust for bias, and move on.

Actually, I haven’t done that in quite awhile. Maybe once? But I’ll let you quote every time I did it. Hopefully, that will keep you from harassing the newbies…

Tyquan Thornton could be a solid IR stash at the moment. I’d go with him over Corral for the IR spot.

Isaiah McKenzie is my preferred player of everyone listed here.