Dart Throws of Week 10

Here are a few of my dart throw picks in teams where byes and injuries have hit hard, and there really is nothing better on the waiver wire, or I got them off the waiver wire:

1. Laviska Shenault: Admittedly this one panned out for me last night. Although I did acquire him intentionally some time ago, he’s been gathering dust on my deep bench in my second dynasty league. Still, I needed a WR, and he was an option. I did like what I saw last night: 2 rushes for 42 yards and a td, along with 3/4 receptions for 17 yards.

2. I could write this entire article on my main superflex dynasty’s lineup, but I’ll keep it simple. Here are the starters: QB Derek Carr, Flex QB John Wolford (hopefully), WR Drake London, WR Mack Hollins, WR Rashid Shaheed, RB Matt Brieda, RB Zamir White, TE Dalton Schultz, Flex WR KJ Osborn, Flex WR Trent Sherfield, K Daniel Carlson, DST Raiders. Read 'em and weep! I know I do…

1 Like

Ouch! That lineup spells trouble. Reminds me of my week 8.

Mack Hollins could pan out. With Renfrow and Waller out, Hollins cut put up a decent performance. He’s available in my main dynasty, but I’d had to cut D.J. Chark for him. And with Chicago trending up, I’m not sure I’m ready to do that. I wouldn’t start him anyway.

Rashid Shaheed sits in all of my TAXI squads. He’s a dart throw, but one that worked twice this season already.

Breida, White and Sherfield won’t do anything this week. And Osborn is on both my dynasty rosters, but with the acquisition of T.J. Hockenson, I’m afraid he lost most, if not all of his value for the Vikings. I’m not ready to cut him yet, but he’s not a safe keeper for next season any longer.

My only true dart throw this week is Will Dissly. My TE stack Andrews/Likely is on BYE, and Dissly is all I got. But my opponent started Kyle Pitts, who put up 3.8 half-PPR points. Dissly should be able to match that. :sweat_smile:

Other than that, I only had to replace Rhamondre Stevenson. And D’Onta Foreman was more than an adequate replacement. Chances are he will be my answer in your “Player of the Week” thread for this week, as I started him in 3 leagues.

1 Like

I’m not betting on that!

He might be my answer too!

1 Like

You are right, I also think Dissly will score better. I have a hunch that he will score a TD this week. :sunglasses:

Hollins has seemed to replace Renfrow in the Raiders offense, so it isn’t as much of a dart throw as you might think. I see Hollins as a very low-end WR2, at least for his upside. He is capable of big games.

Ironically, Stevenson is on my bench this week because of his bye. Which is part of why I ended up in such an RB-challenged state, with the other part being Michael Carter’s bye week.

FWIW, I will be starting a new Keeper league next year. However I really beli9eve that you two should start a Dynasty league at the same time. Both of you are perfect for it and I cannot imagine any trouble in filling it out.

I would love to! I have never actually started one from the ground up, and I like the idea. I would be delighted to work with @ZakHH as co-commissioners, or even just have him as a team owner.

2 Likes

I much prefer a co commish for checks and balances. For example one has to approve all trades including his own, which can be a scary thought. :slight_smile:

I would always recommend to have at least 2 commissioners. Not just for checks and balances, but also to make sure there is a backup in case one commish is not available.

As for approving my own trades, that’s not much of a headache to me. If I feel a trade of mine could raise an eyebrow, I’ll leave it up for few hours and ask in the league chat if there are any concerns. Nobody ever had any.

Agreed, you know I am just playing with ED over past trade experiences.

So, are you interested as well? Stevie Wonder could see by your posts together that it is a great pairing. You both share the knowledge and passion for Dynasty.

Just because I always lowball my initial offer, yeesh! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, if I am doing a dynasty league, I want PPR, superflex, deep benches, and my new kicker scoring system. And having a co-commissioner is a great idea, so we can each objectively review each other’s trades, as well as providing a review mechanism for trades not involving us. If we both vote against a trade, it’s declined, period.

Ed, do you not understand “playing with?” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Grumbles.

1 Like

Well if that is your stance your 2nd and 3rd offers were just as bad. lol